41 - 60 of 158 Posts

· boost junkie
11,767 Posts
you dont need a notched clutch to fit the notched crank

Reactions: markbz

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I do have a tapp on my 2016 and can confirm it fits nicely (and does not wobble) on the 900r.
The real solution is to have the correct clutch on it from factory which i think is the non wobbler

This is just some awareness for everyone to take note. Even if doo says its fine to have the wobble in it im still going to run the inner that runs true. I will let u know more from the dealer when i hear from them. In the mean time keep checking to see what you have on yours...
Automotive tire Circle Rim Pattern Wood

Reactions: mike0chek

· Registered
986 Posts
252 inner on both my Machs... but I have a Tapp to go on each.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap
Light Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Reactions: DOOREV800

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ok so both are the same as mine, 252.

Just to confirm that it is wobbling in thr video correct?

Havent heard back from my dealer. I am going to go there tomorrow morning and visit the parts dept and see what they can tell me about the nunbers i have.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

· Registered
986 Posts
252 inner on both my Machs... but I have a Tapp to go on each. View attachment 2009807 View attachment 2009807
Ok so both are the same as mine, 252.

Just to confirm that it is wobbling in thr video correct?

Havent heard back from my dealer. I am going to go there tomorrow morning and visit the parts dept and see what they can tell me about the nunbers i have.
Yes, the video shows the wobble.

Reactions: DOOREV800

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I’d be curious once you put the TAPP on if it has a wobble
I did since i have a tapp. No wobble.

It also has no wobble with my 2018 pdrive i have from a 600rs. I installed that inner by itself and as a complete unit with the mach z outer slider and guess what- no wobble.

It appears brp has stuck the wobble style inner on our 900r. Needs more ppl to chime in and confirm wobble and part numbers.

If this is something brp stands behind im installing the non wobble inner with the mach z slider. The only issue is the 600rs inner has no cooling fins. Also the 600rs outer slider is not reinforced like the mach z is... just FYI

I am using the tapp on my 1200 but will be testing it on the mach once the maxxecu is in.

Reactions: BLIZARD

· Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,263 Posts
Now what about 23's do they have this wobble as well. Id rather have no wobble on a tripple, will pull mine off soon to see. Maybe too get sleds out they put on what was there, if I do have the wobble I will just order the proper fixed half with no wobble. My sled is smooth and clutch runs cold.

· Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,227 Posts
I did since i have a tapp. No wobble.

It also has no wobble with my 2018 pdrive i have from a 600rs. I installed that inner by itself and as a complete unit with the mach z outer slider and guess what- no wobble.

It appears brp has stuck the wobble style inner on our 900r. Needs more ppl to chime in and confirm wobble and part numbers.

If this is something brp stands behind im installing the non wobble inner with the mach z slider. The only issue is the 600rs inner has no cooling fins. Also the 600rs outer slider is not reinforced like the mach z is... just FYI

I am using the tapp on my 1200 but will be testing it on the mach once the maxxecu is in.
If I recall your sled was running well with proper rpm’s? Just thinking out loud if the wrong inner would cause some issues for people on the 900r.

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
If I recall your sled was running well with proper rpm’s? Just thinking out loud if the wrong inner would cause some issues for people on the 900r.
Yes it ran pretty consistent. But i do seem to recall that my mach z had a bit of vibration at 60 to 80 mph i could feel in my feet, i remember i had both my mach and 2016 1200 out the same day with my brother and switched off and could recall that. I cant say that this is related to the wobble but i have been second guessing now and wont be able to prove it till this winter season.

My dealer got back and has the parts dept chscking the part numbers for change up and what not. I am curious if the part manual mach z listed innner (210) does change up to the wobble we seem to all have (252)

Slowly getting closer to a answer.

41 - 60 of 158 Posts