Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
i have a 98 mach z, worked great till i went riding the other day
, now my tach works sometimes and sometimes it dont, and other times when it does it will only register 0 or 3000 when i rev the motor. seems my handwarmers and brake light dont work either,
i have tried checking all the connections, didnt find any issues there, any help would be nice thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know if it was a dead short then the lighting will shut down, whats weired is i let the thing sit overnight and started it thismorning, ill be da#@ed, everything works.
i am thinking it is either a stator issue (but you would think the stator would either work or, not) or the voltage regulator. i am going to look into it, i dont see any chaffed wires anywhere, so i am thinking it is a flakey peice of electronics. seems like something that cant hold a electrical load.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok all, i beleive i found the problem to my electrical probs, i removed the harnesses to the steering sector to inspect them, and to my surprise ( NOT!) The wires in there were messed up the brake wires were chaffed and rubbing against the gas tank shroud support causing a intermittint short, from what i could tell though is that the paint on the support was still mostly intact but, acting as a resistor, thus not causing a dead short, just a headache also my warmer wiring had been redone at one time and i had to fix that and the egt wiring, looks to me the guy that did the after market wiring was no einstein, anyways look into the column if your problem is in the tach signal, brake light not working, or dead handwarmers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts