Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I''d like some advice on getting the best deal on a back-up belt for my new Mach Z. I was surprised by the $138 price for the OEM belt (417-300-189) at my Skidoo dealer. I''d like to stick with the OEM belt, if possible, but would also be interested if an aftermarket alternative is available yet?? There was some talk about Nelson''s (Greenville MI) offering them for $85-95, but when I called the best they''d do was $131. I would appreciate any information you can offer. I realize the Mach Z is an expensive sled, but a $138 belt still seems excessive.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
If you can hold out until the fall, Nelson's usually have belts really cheap at their pre-season snow show, sw and snocross. Not sure how much they charge for that belt, but I get my -127 belts for $45 each, normally they are $70 or more.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
speedfan said:
The OEM belts were $85 at Nelsons until Jan sometime. I got 2 at the good price but had to shell out 131 for the 3rd.
[snapback]314174[/snapback]​
wow!..major bucks,is this US dollars too?..darn!....

I have a bad feeling the new 05 isnt any better on belt life then my ck3 is...i was hopeing to hear the new roller secondary would finally make a mach that could have decent beltlife..here in lake land...we run long and fast,belts dont last long...

how many miles are the 05s getting to a belt?....

mach

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
machzed said:
speedfan said:
The OEM belts were $85 at Nelsons until Jan sometime. I got 2 at the good price but had to shell out 131 for the 3rd.
[snapback]314174[/snapback]​
wow!..major bucks,is this US dollars too?..darn!....

I have a bad feeling the new 05 isnt any better on belt life then my ck3 is...i was hopeing to hear the new roller secondary would finally make a mach that could have decent beltlife..here in lake land...we run long and fast,belts dont last long...

how many miles are the 05s getting to a belt?....

mach
[snapback]314351[/snapback]​
I have nearly 1000 miles on mine with good wear still remaining. I did not use stock clutching very long initially, which i feel helped belt life tremendously.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Get me the belt dimensions and ill see what i can do for you ,ive got conections at carlisle dayco can get you custom cut ultimax 3 belts for $65-70.00 ,they are a very good belt.for half what doo gets for belts made on the same assembly line. thanks todd 1-260-833-2536 or 316-2839.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Carlisle Ultramax III belt 140-4352U3 has been working well for me. I've got 600 miles on it with average wear. My application is in the Highmark so it may not be the same as the Mach Z. But at $69, the price is right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts