Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Setup for a hard snow lake drag race Currently running crank shop pipes, 59 mm gasket, pink-pink spring, 286 ramps , 24-43 gearing, cam 50-47, good for hard snow, but want a setup for good lake race. Have several cams 53-44, 47-44,50, 52-44.Have many gears 23,25,26,27. What would be good for me ?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,987 Posts
I used almost the exact same setup as you and had best results for drag racing as well proved it on asphalt with times. I used 19g maybe for ice bump the eng. w/250-380 spring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
onebad800 said:
I used almost the exact same setup as you and had best results for drag racing as well proved it on asphalt with times. I used 19g maybe for ice bump the eng. w/250-380 spring
[snapback]290251[/snapback]​
But I'm looking for a setup for 3000-4000 feet top speed run on the lake. Any suggestion
.Should I just change gear and leave setup as is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
I used almost the exact same setup as you and had best results for drag racing as well proved it on asphalt with times. I used 19g maybe for ice bump the eng. w/250-380 spring
[snapback]290251[/snapback]​
But I'm looking for a setup for 3000-4000 feet top speed run on the lake. Any suggestion
.Should I just change gear and leave setup as is.
[snapback]290373[/snapback]​
295 ramps, alot of pin weight, and a steep angle helix. Play with the secondary tension, and primary springs to keep RPM where it belongs in your application!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
I used almost the exact same setup as you and had best results for drag racing as well proved it on asphalt with times. I used 19g maybe for ice bump the eng. w/250-380 spring
[snapback]290251[/snapback]​
But I'm looking for a setup for 3000-4000 feet top speed run on the lake. Any suggestion
.Should I just change gear and leave setup as is.
[snapback]290373[/snapback]​
Anybody have a good setup ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtrsprt said:
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
I used almost the exact same setup as you and had best results for drag racing as well proved it on asphalt with times. I used 19g maybe for ice bump the eng. w/250-380 spring
[snapback]290251[/snapback]​
But I'm looking for a setup for 3000-4000 feet top speed run on the lake. Any suggestion
.Should I just change gear and leave setup as is.
[snapback]290373[/snapback]​
295 ramps, alot of pin weight, and a steep angle helix. Play with the secondary tension, and primary springs to keep RPM where it belongs in your application!
[snapback]290996[/snapback]​
295 ramps, what pin weight would I use ,what helix would I use and what secondary spring would I use ? Or keep same setup as above and just go to a 26 or a 27 gear. Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
yes just gear up to 26 first 43 , then maybe try the 27
[snapback]291362[/snapback]​
thanks one bad 800 for info
[snapback]291413[/snapback]​
Ok. Try the 26-43 gear and clutches belt and drivin getting very hot. Pink-pink spring, 21 grams, drivin 21 pounds, 286 ramps. Maybe drivin is too thight or not, don't know. Or maybe should I change cam, currently running 50-47.Have several cams, 52-44, 47-44,50,53-44.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
z800 said:
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
yes just gear up to 26 first 43 , then maybe try the 27
[snapback]291362[/snapback]​
thanks one bad 800 for info
[snapback]291413[/snapback]​
Ok. Try the 26-43 gear and clutches belt and drivin getting very hot. Pink-pink spring, 21 grams, drivin 21 pounds, 286 ramps. Maybe drivin is too thight or not, don't know. Or maybe should I change cam, currently running 50-47.Have several cams, 52-44, 47-44,50,53-44.


[snapback]291983[/snapback]​
LOOKING FOR HELP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
z800 said:
z800 said:
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
yes just gear up to 26 first 43 , then maybe try the 27
[snapback]291362[/snapback]​
thanks one bad 800 for info
[snapback]291413[/snapback]​
Ok. Try the 26-43 gear and clutches belt and drivin getting very hot. Pink-pink spring, 21 grams, drivin 21 pounds, 286 ramps. Maybe drivin is too thight or not, don't know. Or maybe should I change cam, currently running 50-47.Have several cams, 52-44, 47-44,50,53-44.


[snapback]291983[/snapback]​
LOOKING FOR HELP wood appreciate that
[snapback]292693[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,987 Posts
yes the setup you mentioned is what I used , 50-47 at 21# I dont like the 295 , but some do? If you can pull the rpm w/21g then go with it if not drop down to 20 and so on try to stay on #2 clicker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
onebad800 said:
yes the setup you mentioned is what I used , 50-47 at 21# I dont like the 295 , but some do? If you can pull the rpm w/21g then go with it if not drop down to 20 and so on try to stay on #2 clicker
[snapback]294260[/snapback]​
what ramp are you useing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
z800 said:
onebad800 said:
yes the setup you mentioned is what I used , 50-47 at 21# I dont like the 295 , but some do? If you can pull the rpm w/21g then go with it if not drop down to 20 and so on try to stay on #2 clicker
[snapback]294260[/snapback]​
I'm using 286,what ramp are you useing

[snapback]294363[/snapback]​
 

·
In Search Of PAH!
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Is that an "old" pink-pink spring (310-460), or a "NEW" pink-pink (230-350)???

If you're getting high belt temps and high secondary temps, you could have a number of problems. Is your primary clutch cool?

If your primary is HOT and the secondary is HOT, then you either have alignment issues, or you may be running too big a spring in your primary. What rpm should those pipes be at? What rpm you running now?

If your primary is cool, and the secondary is HOT, then you can either try more preload on the secondary spring, OR a lesser helix angle. That 47/44 would be a good one to try.

If you have 26/43 in there, I would keep it, otherwise try 27/43 if you want the most top end. With that long of a run and the power you have, you should be able to pull 27/43.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
97mach1 said:
Is that an "old" pink-pink spring (310-460), or a "NEW" pink-pink (230-350)???

If you're getting high belt temps and high secondary temps, you could have a number of problems. Is your primary clutch cool?

If your primary is HOT and the secondary is HOT, then you either have alignment issues, or you may be running too big a spring in your primary. What rpm should those pipes be at? What rpm you running now?

If your primary is cool, and the secondary is HOT, then you can either try more preload on the secondary spring, OR a lesser helix angle. That 47/44 would be a good one to try.

If you have 26/43 in there, I would keep it, otherwise try 27/43 if you want the most top end. With that long of a run and the power you have, you should be able to pull 27/43.
[snapback]295683[/snapback]​
yes new pink pink rpm 8600 crak shop pips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
z800 said:
97mach1 said:
Is that an "old" pink-pink spring (310-460), or a "NEW" pink-pink (230-350)???

If you're getting high belt temps and high secondary temps, you could have a number of problems. Is your primary clutch cool?

If your primary is HOT and the secondary is HOT, then you either have alignment issues, or you may be running too big a spring in your primary. What rpm should those pipes be at? What rpm you running now?

If your primary is cool, and the secondary is HOT, then you can either try more preload on the secondary spring, OR a lesser helix angle. That 47/44 would be a good one to try.

If you have 26/43 in there, I would keep it, otherwise try 27/43 if you want the most top end. With that long of a run and the power you have, you should be able to pull 27/43.
[snapback]295683[/snapback]​
yes new pink pink rpm 8600 crak shop pips alignment is ok
[snapback]295838[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
z800 said:
z800 said:
97mach1 said:
Is that an "old" pink-pink spring (310-460), or a "NEW" pink-pink (230-350)???

If you're getting high belt temps and high secondary temps, you could have a number of problems. Is your primary clutch cool?

If your primary is HOT and the secondary is HOT, then you either have alignment issues, or you may be running too big a spring in your primary. What rpm should those pipes be at? What rpm you running now?

If your primary is cool, and the secondary is HOT, then you can either try more preload on the secondary spring, OR a lesser helix angle. That 47/44 would be a good one to try.

If you have 26/43 in there, I would keep it, otherwise try 27/43 if you want the most top end. With that long of a run and the power you have, you should be able to pull 27/43.
[snapback]295683[/snapback]​
yes new pink pink rpm 8600 crak shop pips alignment is ok
[snapback]295838[/snapback]​
[snapback]295853[/snapback]​
what tension for 47/44 for my setup
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top