Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone experienced this one? Picked up a Mach Z 05 Demo Friday. (500 miles on it) Friday night had to put new plugs in it to get it to run right. (The beginning of the sputter and die syndrom) Rode 15 miles, ran great. Pulled it out of the garage today and the thing sputters and dies again. The machine can be started, but dies shortly after. It will backfire and seems to run one one cyinder. Brand new plugs as I mentioned before. Could there be an issue with relays here. Someone give me a hand.
Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
5 Posts
s.e.xtreme said:
sounds like the fuel pump is going out. sharky had this happen to his summit 1000 just a week ago and the dealer had it go out all the way after bypassing the cooler problem. mike
[snapback]699105[/snapback]​
Plugs are right according to the owners manual. Picked up some new ones this morning and it runs fine.....for now. I'll check with the dealer on the updates and the program updates as well. Hard to believe they were not done as this was the dealership owners sled he used last winter. Hope it not the fuel pump. Did sharky have and performance problems other than plug fouling. It seems to run great until the plugs foul, then it happens right now.
Brad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warlock said:
I'm thinking they didn't do the updates to this sled.

What plugs are in the sled?
[snapback]698606[/snapback]​
Plugs are right according to the owners manual. Picked up some new ones this morning and it runs fine.....for now. I'll check with the dealer on the updates and the program updates as well. Hard to believe they were not done as this was the dealership owners sled he used last winter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueMax said:
The dealer may have done the update, but did not install the latest program. Call your dealer and ask if they installed the latest program from Bulletin No. 2006-9.

Here is first page from Bulletin.
[snapback]698800[/snapback]​
Thianks for the info. You guys are sure a great help. Good stuff
Brad

·
Registered
28 Posts
SnowGlow Bad said:
Warlock said:
I'm thinking they didn't do the updates to this sled.

What plugs are in the sled?
[snapback]698606[/snapback]​
Plugs are right according to the owners manual. Picked up some new ones this morning and it runs fine.....for now. I'll check with the dealer on the updates and the program updates as well. Hard to believe they were not done as this was the dealership owners sled he used last winter.
[snapback]699140[/snapback]​
The manual tells you br9ecs, I would try the br8ecs (per BRP, not getting into the plug debate.) if you have the 06' update. Does it have a probe in the muffler? As far as the dealer goes, they may think 2hrs. pay is not enough?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.