Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its not suppose to happen,. but is there any stock mach 1 owners out there that could run with a stock mach z.. or is it impossible without mods"

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Definition of "mods"????? Can't see why not if the mach z is bone stock and the mach 1 Is clutched and geared for what ever distance you're racing. Traction, driver weights, and driver abilities all play a part. In the end it's all based on what sled is better set up for the situation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hit 120 mph on speedo last year on the lake with 2" of snow on it. I think that's pretty close to a mach z. Thats bone stock except for Mbrp can which likely didn't help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i was just wondering because when me a my buddy i ride with all the time ,who has a 99 mach z race up and down the ice pack road i can beat him normally up to the 1/8 mile ,my 98 mach 1 seems to have more low end out of the hole , then at the quarter mile mark he is even or can have me by up to two sleds sometimes and there is the odd times im ahead a little... top speed seams to be about the same thou. he can never take off and leaves me with those extra 15hp.. just wondering

·
Registered
403 Posts
It happens and I can share instances of my 600 beating 800 sleds. Any sled in the right hands can be tuned to beat larger cc sled for the most part . if you race someone who does not race normally it could mean 2-3 sleds off line and the win due to inexperience of driver. So a lot of variables but not many times you will see a mach 1 hold off the mighty Mach Z.

·
Registered
130 Posts
98's had center dump pipes which worked well when really hot. 99 had different pipes, rave and carb settings.
I have ceramic coated and DEI wrapped 98 Mach 1 pipes on my F3 700 with many other mods and i could outrun a clutched 02 Mach Z on the same 1.25" track.
My F3 will run even with an 08 renegade 800r to 100mph before I start walking away in 4" of snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts