Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Phil in the NEK
985 Posts
WOW! Give us a ride report once you get it out! Looks likeit is missing something under there, huh? LOL

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FAST's new M-12 installed finally. Gerard (owner/designer of FAST) used the sled for 3 days testing shock valving, setup, etc... He was extremely excited to see it fit so well in a 2005 REV. I installed the suspension in about 7 hours total and that included taking pictures along the way. Didn't have to remove any of the stock mounting assembly, etc... Since the U.P. had a meltdown last week as well, I haven't been able to put any miles on it myself, but knowing the M-10 as well as I do and knowing Gerard and the testing he did on my M-12 I can't wait. He said that it handles like a dream and rides better than then expected. COME ON SNOW!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fenderu2 said:
What does it cost? I can't wait to hear your feedback on the ride.
[snapback]302517[/snapback]​
Right around $2000. I put the top of the line shocks from FOX and the Cam-It adjuster in it. You can view them at... http://www.teamfast.com/m12121.html

Ride... like I have said on here before about the M-10, the ride is like no other! NO other suspension comes close no matter what anyone says. Gerard was hired by SD to design suspensions when SD was getting kicked in the I-500. He left SD and built his own company and the M-10 now the 12. There is a reason FAST has so many patents on the technology and the other manufacturers are trying to get as close to a copy as they can. THEY WORK GREAT in any situation. Not just trail riding, but ditch banging, hill climbing, sno cross, etc... Gerard said the forward riding position on the REV changed the set up a little due to more weight being toward the front of the skid, but that was managed by lightening the pre load and x tube on the rear shock. I was supposed to be in the U.P. tonight, but the darn thaw killed that. Hope to be up there Tuesday morning (Feb. 15th). If you are there and see me somewhere parked, stop by . Starting around Ontonagon and heading to Copper then east. Tuesday - Saturday if the weather turns out.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I would like to here how you make out with your m-12. Mine is being shipped tomorrow. So I guess you have the latest valving . I have been calling fast asking where mine is and i guess they went lying when they told me they were testing. Can you send me the pictures and how did it go in? Pretty easy like an m-10 ( I have 2 of them) Did you have to remove the stock tunnell/ suspension mounts? Thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I forgot to ask let me know if the ski pressure is the same or more/less. My 05 800 x has a ton of ski pressure

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
very slick looking, I'll bet it will ride awesome

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
looks real nice, clean...

problem is the M-10 (12) is all about the rear shock, on the rev its about the front shock...

I rode a REV with an M-10 and all it did was bounce while I was up to the tank!

You can probably get used to it, but why... ?

The site is cool but do sno-x racers use them?
no

·
Registered
483 Posts
almost bought the expertx until I found out about the 12v. I had a few m-10s not very good for high speed ditch bannging becuse of the coupling track spin and such but for average speed bumby trails it was amazing if the 12 has better transfer and ski lift thats the way to go please let us know what type of riding you do what yourweight is how you ride a real world report would be great and apprecated let us know if you loose take off and top end like the m-10

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have an m-10 in a ZX chassis. Once dialed in, I have been able to ride this sled faster, harder than I ever could with the sc-10-3 in it. But, the setup took a while and the install while being not so bad, is a PITA for a first timer. Now, I could have it in no problem. Also, I have the ohlins and m-valve, and this makes a world of difference from other m-10 owners I have talked to. With the m-valve the harder you ride it, it still acts the same. The m-10/m-12 has a lot of merit, but it is not a drag race skid, it has very good transfer at speed and in corners. Get us a ride report. Any word on a 136"

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Yea Gerard and FAST are really bright guys and have some good stuff but ask yourself this question. How come NOBODY uses the M-10 or M-12 in ANY major sno cross or cross country racing venues???

Answer: Because they don't work well for big bumps and jumps at high speed... These suspensions are for moderate speeds or just trail cruising speeds. Hey I agree the M-10 has major appeal due to very rigid and top quality components but nobody uses them in any form of racing... Only people I ever see with them is the guys just looking for better ride not for bump absorbtion...
I rode a Poo EDGE 800 with a real M-10 and it was horrible. All they doo is bounce around...

Viper is also right , the REV is all about the front arm shock, not the rear...

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
www.tisonperformance.com, If I remember right they use them for hill climb events with great success.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
prorevpilot said:
Yea Gerard and FAST are really bright guys and have some good stuff but ask yourself this question. How come NOBODY uses the M-10 or M-12 in ANY major sno cross or cross country racing venues???

Answer: Because they don't work well for big bumps and jumps at high speed... These suspensions are for moderate speeds or just trail cruising speeds. Hey I agree the M-10 has major appeal due to very rigid and top quality components but nobody uses them in any form of racing... Only people I ever see with them is the guys just looking for better ride not for bump absorbtion...
I rode a Poo EDGE 800 with a real M-10 and it was horrible. All they doo is bounce around...

Viper is also right , the REV is all about the front arm shock, not the rear...
[snapback]303241[/snapback]​
Nobody uses the expert either for racing. the polaris version has different spring rates/shock valving. M-10/ M-12 is not a suspension you can just set it and forget it. A 20 lbs change in rider weight really effects the ride quality. 2 turns on an 8mm bolt makes a noticable ride difference.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
The question I ask is why? You already have the best riding sled out there.... and I guess the answer is because you can!

Want to be different.... which I guess is good. Nothing wrong with that.

There is no way one can justify the expense on todays sleds.. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago.. but not since 03... and probably not since about 99/00.

But change and expertise and learning is all good. No matter the cost..

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
djm said:
The question I ask is why? You already have the best riding sled out there.... and I guess the answer is because you can!

Want to be different.... which I guess is good. Nothing wrong with that.

There is no way one can justify the expense on todays sleds.. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago.. but not since 03... and probably not since about 99/00.

But change and expertise and learning is all good. No matter the cost..
[snapback]304084[/snapback]​
I totally disagree with your comments. Just because a rev is the best riding sled dont mean it cant be better. For instance my wife rode my sister in-laws rev setup fully soft and she hated it . my wife rides a 1997 mxz 670 with m-10. So the 97 rides alot better/softer. Most people who comment on m-10 have never spent a season on one. I will say this they arent for everyone. you think your sc-3 rides smooth the m-10/m-12 is in another league

1 - 20 of 61 Posts