Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was given the same offers. Tough spot for me, as I don't have a sled, and the used market is through the roof. Hopefully, I don't miss much of the season.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Was it a generic Email or Lynx specific? I'm not doubting what some dealers are emailing out or telling people, but it seems like there are two distinctly different messages being sent out at the dealer level.

I called another dealer at random, and they said the same thing as my originating dealer The delays mentioned were not model specific and only in-season stock sleds were potentially being pushed back significantly (not spring order only). That matches up with the facebook live video that a dealer posted over the weekend.

It sounds like some dealers are being pro-active and assuming delays may be coming across the board to everything. Acting on that, it seems like some are sending out emails to everyone in an attempt to soften the blow if there are further delays, and/or maybe looking to pick up some in-season stock that people decide to back out of.
The email was personalized from salesman I deal with. Which is a thread of conversation we've had since ordered including receipts and documents of purchase.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Got an email from my dealer today saying my rave went from Nov delivery now to January. I can opt out and get deposit back or I can roll my deposit over to a 2023 or wait for the 22. Not sure what I'll do as of now but have until Oct 31 to decide
Why wouldn’t they do this. Then when it comes in Dec they can sell it for way more since all sleds are sold and no floor stock. Called my dealer Friday (upstate) and lynx rave scheduled for Dec 1st.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Literally just sold my 21 MXZ XRS on Friday :rolleyes: December would be fine for me, but late January would be a deal breaker.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Why wouldn’t they do this. Then when it comes in Dec they can sell it for way more since all sleds are sold and no floor stock. Called my dealer Friday (upstate) and lynx rave scheduled for Dec 1st.
Given the mixed messages floating around, that’s kind of what I was thinking. Dealers offering everyone a way out if they don’t want to risk later delivery, but keeping the sled for stock when it shows.

It’s a bit of a conspiracy theory but I don’t know what to believe anymore.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed my dealer, asking about an ETA, and mentioned the internet chatter. He stated that late delivery info may be true. He's going to check into it and let me know.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My buddy got a call from his dealer yesterday in NH spring order Rave sometime in January wouldn't commit early or late.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
There are at least two Rave's on the floor in Grand Rapids, Mi if anyone is looking to start the season on time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in NY and i received a call yesterday from my dealer saying it's going to be after the first of the year for my lynx... let's just hope it doesn't get pushed back even further 🙏 they originally told me by November/December. When the name popped up on my phone i knew something was up because it definitely wasn't going to be early with my luck...

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Got a call from my dealer today, I'm now a December delivery with no guarantee as to when in December. The message is very similar to what others have received

Apparently BRP has given no details as to what may cause the delays, just that there may be delays.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,122 Posts
The problem is there are no guarantees with overseas shipping currently. Every industry is seeing random, unknown delays with overseas shipping right now. If the lynx sleds are currently in process of shipping, it could be 4-6 weeks or it could be 12 weeks.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
The problem is there are no guarantees with overseas shipping currently. Every industry is seeing random, unknown delays with overseas shipping right now. If the lynx sleds are currently in process of shipping, it could be 4-6 weeks or it could be 12 weeks.
I think this is the most likely reason for potential delays on the lynx side.

·
"The Podiatrist"
4,097 Posts
My dealer in WNY has 7 Raves on order, 2 coming in December, 5 in January.
I had my order in first for one, so I get the first one in.
I had asked for the earliest delivery as well fwiw.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My dealer said even with a January and potentially February delivery that there's still no guarantee the sled will be complete

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just got the call for dealer again last week was December 1st now it’s January maybe February so I have till next week to get full refund, take sled whenever that is or roll $ to 2023 but lose any promotions and price will be new (aka higher). Ugh here’s to waiting hope it’s worth it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spoke with my dealer today, who has 6 Raves coming in. I am slated for the first one. I requested a November delivery, and per the dealer, the BRP site shows December delivery. I have until the end of the month to decide, so I'm checking back in a few weeks.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts