Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday; they pulled up the status on my Rave and claimed it was still on track for Oct. He did, however, mention that it may or may not be complete. But he said turnaround time had been consistently 2-4 weeks for the parts to come in.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Rave
My dealer told me the sled was due in ov and nothing has changed as of yet. I had them order all the accessories I was getting through them so I wouldn't end up in the backlog list. 6 weeks back order on the track. I hate waiting around for back ordered parts as when the sled comes in I like to have it all ready and go sit on it every so often. Take a few more picture than I need. Polish it as once I get it on the snow it tends to not get any more polishing so much.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Rave
My dealer told me the sled was due in ov and nothing has changed as of yet. I had them order all the accessories I was getting through them so I wouldn't end up in the backlog list. 6 weeks back order on the track. I hate waiting around for back ordered parts as when the sled comes in I like to have it all ready and go sit on it every so often. Take a few more picture than I need. Polish it as once I get it on the snow it tends to not get any more polishing so much.
I'll be shocked if you see it in November, I hope I'm wrong as I am waiting on one also

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'll be shocked if you see it in November, I hope I'm wrong as I am waiting on one also
Dont buy in to the fear mongering. The majority of it is fuelled by confirmation bias that’s birthed from 3rd party speculation. The average dealer employee has almost no first hand production information, yet feels the need to appear like “the guy” to customers by giving little sniffs of insider info that’s largely made up by other dealer employees.

Sleds have been shipping and being delivered for a couple months now and it’s only October 1st 🍻

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Rave
What track did you get? I’m actually looking forward to the 1.5 ir (coming from a 1.25 ripsaw with studs)

·
Registered
750 Posts
What track did you get? I’m actually looking forward to the 1.5 ir (coming from a 1.25 ripsaw with studs)
1.5 Storm 2 ply. It's the one with the outside edges at 1.25" and the middle lugs at 1.5"'s. Seems to corner better. The rear end comes around a little easier when you power through the corner. Something that will be needed with the RAVE and aggressive driving style.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Dont buy in to the fear mongering. The majority of it is fuelled by confirmation bias that’s birthed from 3rd party speculation. The average dealer employee has almost no first hand production information, yet feels the need to appear like “the guy” to customers by giving little sniffs of insider info that’s largely made up by other dealer employees.

Sleds have been shipping and being delivered for a couple months now and it’s only October 1st 🍻
No fear here, info came directly from the sales manager fresh off a conference call with BRP

·
Registered
682 Posts
My dealer originally told me November delivery.
Texted him a few minutes ago after reading this and he says they are now telling him December

·
Registered
210 Posts
I received the bad news call this weekend, that so many others are getting. Looks like it'll be a Christmas gift then?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer in upstate NY. He said I’m now looking at a January delivery on my Rave. Was supposed to be oct/nov. They have 14 of them coming in and some won’t get here till feb. Glad I have my 21 Mxz Xrs still in the garage. He mentioned so far the delays seem to be lynx specific

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
My dealership has some coming December and the rest in January, thankful I get mine in December at least

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Talked to my dealer and he said the delays mentioned were not specific to lynx

·
Registered
623 Posts
Got an email from my dealer today saying my rave went from Nov delivery now to January. I can opt out and get deposit back or I can roll my deposit over to a 2023 or wait for the 22. Not sure what I'll do as of now but have until Oct 31 to decide

·
Registered
230 Posts
Got an email from my dealer today saying my rave went from Nov delivery now to January. I can opt out and get deposit back or I can roll my deposit over to a 2023 or wait for the 22. Not sure what I'll do as of now but have until Oct 31 to decide
I received a call didn't get told I needed to let them know by end of the month if I want to keep it or not.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Was it a generic Email or Lynx specific? I'm not doubting what some dealers are emailing out or telling people, but it seems like there are two distinctly different messages being sent out at the dealer level.

I called another dealer at random, and they said the same thing as my originating dealer The delays mentioned were not model specific and only in-season stock sleds were potentially being pushed back significantly (not spring order only). That matches up with the facebook live video that a dealer posted over the weekend.

It sounds like some dealers are being pro-active and assuming delays may be coming across the board to everything. Acting on that, it seems like some are sending out emails to everyone in an attempt to soften the blow if there are further delays, and/or maybe looking to pick up some in-season stock that people decide to back out of.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts