Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot find a zerk on the upper cross member of the rear suspension on my 2005 600 SDI Renegade. There's multiple zerks on all the other shafts but the cross member that attaches to the tunnel and has the limiter straps wrapped around it has no grease fitting. Is this right? Could someone check there's?

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
This is correct. There is no more cross shaft in the front arm like there used to be. The front arm pivots on bushings now, but there is no grease fitting on them. My advice would be, the next time you pull your rear skid out to put some grease on the bushings. Stupid design if you ask me, but hey...what do I know!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I cant find one on my 04 Gade either. I was just greasing it yesterday and thought the same thing. If you find out please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
I believe the front swingarm bushings are oilless bushings.
Self oil impregnated type!
They do wear out though.
Not sure you should grease them.
when working with these types of bearings before, if you oil them or grease them it plugs the pores in the material and causes it to gaul/ wear out sooner.so be careful.
Rich

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Makes me feel better. Huh.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah I wasn't sure about greasing them either. I just put a very thin coating of never sieze on the bushing. I just couldn't put it back together completely dry. Next time the skid is out I'll see how it looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts