Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts


This is exactly what I would like to know. Am thinking about a gearing change for my 800 pt rene. thinking 22/43 one tooth down on the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts


This is exactly what I would like to know. Am thinking about a gearing change for my 800 pt rene. thinking 22/43 one tooth down on the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts


This is exactly what I would like to know. Am thinking about a gearing change for my 800 pt rene. thinking 22/43 one tooth down on the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
banderantee said:


This is exactly what I would like to know. Am thinking about a gearing change for my 800 pt rene. thinking 22/43 one tooth down on the top.
[snapback]273864[/snapback]​
I have changed from 10T drivers to 9T drivers (about equivilant to 2 teeth dropped from top) and I have dropped 1 tooth from the top 23T to 22T. In a nutshell...I have dropped about 3T in total.

IN MY CASE, the rpm's dropped from 7900 to 7300. I had to go up on the clickers and I now have about 7800 rpm. I am on clicker 4. My shift is straight. Sled pulls like a freight train.

Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
RenegadeRider said:
Jason so it looks like it may be just a clicker adjustment is all that is needed when dropping on top when RPM's are affected and not actually removing the primary to play with the weights.
So I guess use the clickers firstto adjust and if that dosen't fix the RPMS then play with weight.
[snapback]273901[/snapback]​
Usually a clicker adjustment would do it. You will have to play with your pinweight if you do not get a straight shift though.

BTW...I got your money order yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
I dropped 1 tooth to a 25 last year on my 04 800X, and there was no noticable rpm change.

Last weekend, I put in a 24 tooth, but didnt get to ride it. Monday, I put in a cudney clutch kit with the recommended 19.2 grams of weight. I only ran it a couple quick blips up my road and back, but for the split second I whacked it and looked down, the needle was at 8k.

I read about gearing dropping rpms the other day, and was worried that if I lost rpm after the Cudney kit, I wouldnt know if it was the rings being bad and the sled not being able to pull 19.2 grams, or the 24 tooth gear killing rpm. I'll do some better testing this weekend to see where I'm at.

Eric

Jason Blier said:
RenegadeRider said:
Jason so it looks like it may be just a clicker adjustment is all that is needed when dropping on top when RPM's are affected and not actually removing the primary to play with the weights.
So I guess use the clickers firstto adjust and if that dosen't fix the RPMS then play with weight.
[snapback]273901[/snapback]​
Usually a clicker adjustment would do it. You will have to play with your pinweight if you do not get a straight shift though.

BTW...I got your money order yesterday.

[snapback]273936[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Jason Blier said:
banderantee said:


This is exactly what I would like to know. Am thinking about a gearing change for my 800 pt rene. thinking 22/43 one tooth down on the top.
[snapback]273864[/snapback]​
I have changed from 10T drivers to 9T drivers (about equivilant to 2 teeth dropped from top) and I have dropped 1 tooth from the top 23T to 22T. In a nutshell...I have dropped about 3T in total.

IN MY CASE, the rpm's dropped from 7900 to 7300. I had to go up on the clickers and I now have about 7800 rpm. I am on clicker 4. My shift is straight. Sled pulls like a freight train.

Hope this helps
[snapback]273872[/snapback]​
Dropped two teeth on top (04 800) and am straight at about 8000-8100 (so says the tach) on clicker three. A little too high but not a big deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
Went from stock 22/43 to 21/43.Installed Joe´s kit with 25g on clicker 3 and it pulls like crazy, 8000 all the way,wow!
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Json said:
Went from stock 22/43 to 21/43.Installed Joe´s kit with 25g on clicker 3 and it pulls like crazy, 8000 all the way,wow!
[snapback]274255[/snapback]​
i thought stock was 23/43
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
oh...your on an 04. might be different.

i bought a 22 and a 21 to play with. hope i didnt buy what i already have
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
I think the stock gearing for the -05 gade 800 is 25/45 so that meens that you should be alright with the 22 and 21.
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
well the 22 would be a 3 tooth drop then I'd probably need a new chain.

Must be someone who can confirm(again) the gearing on a 2005X Gade 800?
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Thanks Ren

I knew Cudney wouldn't BS me.

you changing gears or wha? If I had oil I'd do it tonight.

Been trying my flitz ball. works good. takes time though.

HCS ride on Sun you going?
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
darn, wish i could get ahold of some oil before Sunday.

I gotta get back to Jim's soon too. Need my tunnel bag and want to finally swao my handguards
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top