Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is how it goes...New outer crank seals, new top end ( all OEM ) i had the injectors cleaned and flow tested ( tip top condition) I did a leak down test and all was perfect. I fired the sled up and bled the coolant system and the sled was idling perfect at 1800 just like before the rebuild. When I took it for a buzz around the yard I noticed it was a little boggy ( burbling ) at low speed almost wanting to slall coming of idle, I need to feather the throttle and the it takes off and runs great. Any body experiance this, or have any ideas on how to solve this?
Also, I do have a fuel pressure gauge and it is constant at 58 psi.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
First thing I'd look at is plugs. Not out of the ordinary to foul plugs after a rebuild, or at least hurt the plugs.

What does it idle at after its warm?

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
I have had trouble after a rebuild due to the tps, even that nothing with the tps changed. Done it before with no tps trouble, but not this time. A simple reset cured it.

Something to consider with a reset on an old sensor is the zero stop position can give false readings due to dust or contaminants having accumulated on the carbon trace. I haven't had this problem, but I also follow the correct procedure prior to performing the reset. Once the idle screw is backed off make sure the throttle cable has slack. Then flip the throttle up and down several times to clean the carbon trace and ensure the stop plate is clean. Then press the tps reset.

You likely don't have a CanDoo or BUDS, so if you bring it to the dealer it is best to make prior arrangements to get permission to be present for the reset. I have seen various techs perform this procedure and they don't all follow the right steps. Your best bet will be to go for a test ride while at the dealer. Some dealers will even bring their equipment right to your trailer and perform the reset in place. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Remember to check the plugs and balance the TB. They run too lean and hot when not setup correctly. Never know if previous owner tinkered with TB so best to check. Balance is important since the airbox and y-pipe are shared. It has more effect at low throttle which is also a precarious range.

Also check air/fuel, adjust ERAVE cables and ensure good solid voltage on the Accessories circuit that feeds the ERAVE servo. Unlike other accessories it uses the frame ground. Use DMM to test voltage near the connector. Battery Charging circuit should be 14.5+ Vdc at idle and 3500 rpm. Expect no more than a 0.2 Vdc drop on the Accessories circuit or ERAVE circuit, so 14.3+ Vdc. If the EMS pilot light turns on when the ERAVE is supposed to open, this is a problem with the servo. Ride below 6500 if that happens.

When setup correctly they don't burble or fumble or hesitate or overheat or anything but perform extremely well. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Seems there is always something else to add. Base gasket is one hole or thicker to be further pump safe and away from detonation. The squish has more than enough tolerance for the thickest base gasket. Mulot30th ran 130 mph on his MachZ last season with the thickest base gasket and the mid map. No failure.

Cylinder bolt torque is 41 ft-lbs with Dow 111 on the rubber seals of the long bolts exhaust side, and all threads and head flange.

Head bolt torque is min 41 ft-lbs with bolt threads and head flange greased with Dow 111. The 11 +1/8 turn is a waste of time and prone to error. Spec comes directly from Ski-Doo.

Head gaskets (all 3) can use a light coat of Dow 111. It helps keep the gasket in place and prevent pinching and binding.

That's it.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
No problem. The other stuff is just if you want to dig deeper into the maintenance. Package deal ;)

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I would look at the plugs first. Also I would take it for a slightly longer run and then see if the engine still burbles.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it did end up being the TPS, I have give a big thank you to Chris at Nordride for getting me in first thing this morning!! It is running awesome now, time to put some miles on. Thanks also to you dootalkers for the Replys and ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts