Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 GT LE w/900. Any low-snow conditions and it seems to be melting the slides. Not, running down the pavement stuff, but if we hit a section of plowed road where there's not much fluff, just hard pack snow, within a mile give or take, you can smell burning plastic.

Have 96 studs in the track, on my other sleds, this has always kicked up enough snuff to keep things cool.

1100 miles and on 2nd set of slides.

Track was dealer adjusted (who also put on the replacement slides), looks OK to me, but I've not jacked it up and got the tape measure out to check sag on the track.

Same conditions and the GT Sport along with me has no issues (doesn't have RMotion skid either).

Searched and didn't see this as a common issue, any thoughts?

Also, seems to have quite a bit of track noise. Not rode another LE to compare against. Much louder than the aforementioned GT Sport.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put on the Dupont slides, loosened the track a couple turns, problem solved. 350 miles since in abysmal conditions and not a hint of melting plastic.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Over 7,000 mi. on my gsx-se 1200 and hyfax not even half gone. We do our share of low snow and bare roads too..Weird. I have the DuPont slides to put on when factory slides finally wear out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts