Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Low mile Mach z value

6K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  skidooduke 
#1 ·
looking for help with possible value of a 97 Mach Z with 320 Actual miles…. Nothing to compare it to as I can’t find anything near that kind of miles… thinking of selling

#2 ·
If it’s for sale I’m your buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Z7* and Alatalo
#4 ·
I missed a MINT '97 machz for 3k 1.5 yrs ago with mileage i cant remember right now (2k? 1k?). It sold probably within the day if not the hour of it being posted. Guy also sold a MINT spring checked 96 or 97 f3 that had a ton of options for like 1800. He also said he had another 97 barley out of the crate with almost no miles.

Were you the seller by chance?

Depends on what the market will support. 5k? 6k?

#7 ·
Well I’m your guy. Give me a call . 217-202-6055

Dustin

Reactions: 199Mods
#10 ·
Our market is quite different with generally higher prices, but there were actually a few 97’s advertised over here during the last year. They seem to be more popular than 94-96. The ones advertised were all turds compared to my own 97’, but still sold in the $4000-6000 range.

#17 ·
Sounds like a nice sled but you need to keep in mind this sled is 25 / 26 years old. Possible cracking crankshaft main bearing cages, track dry rotting etc. Not a sled I'd buy and just take out and ride without a through going through.
How long has the sled sat with gas in the tank and carbs? How long did the engine sit without being turned over? Were the primary and secondary clutch springs taken out of the clutches while the sled was stored? Was the seat treated with anything to keep the vinyl from drying out? Was the seat taken off so the wood could dry out and not rot? Was the sled suspended so the springs in the front and rear suspensions are weakened from extended storage?
I'm not saying anything is wrong with this sled but these things among others are things you need to look closely at when buying a sled which has sat so long. You need to know exactly how and where the sled was stored and how it was treated while it was stored.
I know of more than one person who has bought a lower than normal mileage sled only to find out they paid an awful lot for low numbers on the odometer and spent a lot of money to get the sled in tip top condition.

#18 ·
Really hoping to wrap this deal up with dustcollector soon.

Letmegrow, I honestly don’t think anyone would buy a sled like this with intentions of actually riding it. I know I don’t. I have riders in my collection. If we come to terms this would not be one of them.

Example: I have a 93 Mach 1 with 400 miles on it. It sat since 1993. Upon getting it home I removed the tank, steam cleaned it, dried it out and replaced every fuel line on it. I went through the carbs, got it running on 100 octane mixed at 50:1, heat soaked it a couple of times, fogged it, drained the fuel system, greased it and detailed it, put it on the mezzanine of my museum “probably” never to be ran again.

If I am fortunate enough to get this sled bought the process would be the same.

#24 ·
Dustcollector, we don't need to see it. Junky can post pics of it when he gets it home, and save you the trouble. (y)
I like this idea…..a lot!

#25 ·
I've not seen this sled myself, but my .02 on the OP's original question: What's it worth?

Only you and the buyer will decide that. We can all pitch opinions at you, but until we see it up close and personal, it's just trail side BS :)

I have looked for Mach Z's forever. I have seen pristine beauties with 10K for mileage, and beaters with 500 miles on them. Seen them beautiful on the outside and inside, but a corroded mess underneath, or the other way around. Seen them completely corrosion free and smashed! I have two of those now, you'd never know.

I have seen what looked like a sure winner on the phone and screen, be a long sad trip home in a second at first glance in person. Also seen some real beauties! But that is not the norm at all.

But in the end, to me as a Mach Z collector, what I look for is condition...... over every thing else. Don't care if the miles are zero if it's a corroded mess, I look for clean. Cleaner the better!

Hopefully this is one of those true cream puffs, clean, shiny, always waxed and dusted and kept inside, and fresh as new, and corrosion free inside and out and top to bottom, to go with the low miles to boot!

Hope you guys can get a deal done so Dustin can post pictures!! :LOL:

#32 ·
So soon? That only took like 6 months.
Tell me about it….it was all my fault too. So many things going on, life always just gets in the way. Thanks to Dustcollector for being patient with me.

#34 ·
That’s just “Zed” (short for “Mach Zed” the museum curator cat) he keeps an eye on things for me on a daily basis…

#51 ·
I have this listed locally (Ontario Canada ) for $7000 It's veeeery clean and a R&D Prototype sled with 6500 kms on it
Have had lots of time wasters
I wasn't thinking the $7000 was over priced but maybe it is. View attachment 2007546 View attachment 2007547
I think in Canadian dollars your price was fair for an 03 which all avid collectors know to be the rarest and lowest production year Mach Z.

It is very possible that it is an R&D sled and should be verifiable by the vin number or lack there of.

CK3 chassis sleds and parts have almost dried up like a puddle on a hot summer day. I say if you are an enthusiast with the means to do so you should grab every clean example of them that you can find.

Just my $.02

Reactions: Alatalo
#49 ·
FWIW and from a very Swedish point of view, I don't see much wrong with $7000 CAD asking price.

Our market is obviously much smaller and the "standard asking price" for a nice condition CK3 (or really any nice Mach Z) would be in the range $7400-8600 CAD / $5400-6300 US. A mint condition sample, a very low mileage sample or one of the "unicorns" (the 1993 or the Millennium) would be much more. We only had nine 1993's in total and we never had the Mike Houle or the 2003...

An ad for a very average condition Millennium popped up middle of last winter, with an asking price of $10.500 CAD / $7700 US. I called the owner within minutes after the ad appeared. Already gone...

At the minute, there are only two CK3's advertised on the online service most Swedes use. There is a rather ****ty 99' with bleached yellow plastics, stripped tunnel, rusty trailing arms, and non-OEM skis and windshield. It did not sell at the original asking price $6800 CAD / $5000 US and the asking price has just been adjusted to $5500 CAD / $4000 US...

There is also a seemingly nice 99' Mach1 with a 809 engine installed and the blown original engine on the side...Asking price $4800 CAD / $3500 US...

There is also one guy in a Swedish facebook group for all kind of triple triples asking $24.600 CAD / $18.000 US for a supposedly mint condition next-to-zero mileage black 01' Mach Z, but that ad has mostly generated...let's say all kind of comments...

#50 ·
FWIW and from a very Swedish point of view, I don't see much wrong with $7000 CAD asking price.

Our market is obviously much smaller and the "standard asking price" for a nice condition CK3 (or really any nice Mach Z) would be in the range $7400-8600 CAD / $5400-6300 US. A mint condition sample, a very low mileage sample or one of the "unicorns" (the 1993 or the Millennium) would be much more. We only had nine 1993's in total and we never had the Mike Houle or the 2003...

An ad for a very average condition Millennium popped up middle of last winter, with an asking price of $10.500 CAD / $7700 US. I called the owner within minutes after the ad appeared. Already gone...

At the minute, there are only two CK3's advertised on the online service most Swedes use. There is a rather ****ty 99' with bleached yellow plastics, stripped tunnel, rusty trailing arms, and non-OEM skis and windshield. It did not sell at the original asking price $6800 CAD / $5000 US and the asking price has just been adjusted to $5500 CAD / $4000 US...

There is also a seemingly nice 99' Mach1 with a 809 engine installed and the blown original engine on the side...Asking price $4800 CAD / $3500 US...

There is also one guy in a Swedish facebook group for all kind of triple triples asking $24.600 CAD / $18.000 US for a supposedly mint condition next-to-zero mileage black 01' Mach Z, but that ad has mostly generated...let's say all kind of comments...
Those are some good $$$$ for them sleds , availability I guess would be the answer.

#54 ·
I will bite…….what’s the asking price with the suit Dave?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.