Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some night riding and I had to keep swicthing back & forth from high to low.
When the low beams are on you can't see far enough ahead of you to keep the throttle down.
When you swicth to high beam you can't see the the bumps in front of you.
I adjusted the light higher but its still tough to go fast.

On my Grand touring I can see great high or low beams.
Anyone else notice this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just noticed the same thing tonight,thought about adjusting the low beam.So it didn't do enough for you to be worth the bother?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I was thinking I had my high beam set too high but if I set it any lower the low beam will be shining on the bumper. Is there a happy medium???

·
Registered
821 Posts
I happened to be at the end of a lake when a couple of friends were coming down the lake towards me. One had a 02 Grand Touring, the other a 05 GTX like mine. At first I thought there was only one coming. Then I could see a sled with no light so I thought he might be behind the one with the light. No,,,,,the GTX was first and eventually I could see a dim light, the GT was behind and the light was brilliant,,,,AND both had them on the dim setting. Me thinks the REV lights are not as good as the old ones or they are not aligned properly.

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd man out here.....'cause I love my headlights on my REV. They are sooo much better than the ones on my old '99 600. I have not moved the headlight position, it's still at the same place as the factory set it. I have, however, installed some Xenon bulbs in it...but they do not use any more wattage than stock. They are the Brite-Lites brand with the blueish tint. I have no problems at night while riding. Lo beams are perfect for seeing in front of you a little ways, and the high beams are like turning on a couple of spot lights! Everything in front of you is lit up! Even one of my buddies commented on how bright they were. Maye it's the bulbs, I don't know. I attribute some of it to the higher stator output for the SDI system. Sorry guys, but I love my headlights! Maybe try a different bulb?

Here's a link to the website of the headlights I have...
http://www.bluhmenterprises.com/products/brite_lites.php

1 - 8 of 8 Posts