Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out my 2005 Mach Z this weekend ran it for about 20 minutes and shut it off came back 10 minutes later hit the start button and the low battery light was beeping and flashing I tested the battery it was at 12.5 volts I push the start button again and the low battery light flash twice and then I lost everything and now I have nothing any suggestions

·
Registered
204 Posts
Check the #1 relay. It just happened to 2 weeks ago. I went ahead and changed them both out and saved the other relay for a spare.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes they are just a common relay that any auto parts store has, don't buy the house brand get name brand if you can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I check the battery and it's good I changed the fuse right by the battery and it made no difference there is a ground coming off of the battery right to the frame I cleaned that is there another ground somewhere else on the frame

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to buy a new battery and try that I put it in didn't make any difference I found two more grounds clean them and still nothing does anybody have any other ideas or know someone close to the Cedar Rapids Iowa area that could maybe help me

·
Registered
218 Posts
Be sure to use a load tester to test your battery. I bought a brand new battery a while back, slow charged it overnight, and checked it with my multimeter. It read 12 volts. Installed it AND!.....nothing. The load test on the same , brand new battery, revealed a junk battery. Just because it's new, doesn't necessarily mean it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tested the battery today and I was at 12.8 volt and when I done a load test it dropped to 11.9 and I still have no power I don't know where to go from here. This sucks finally going to get some measurable snow here on Tuesday and my sled wont start

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
We need more information.

When you push the start button, doe the dash light up???? Any flashing lights? Do you hear the fuel pumps run when you tap the start button? What happens when you try the pull start???? Does the dash light up when you use the pull start? Does your sled have an electric low pressure pump? Fill the tank completely to the top. Completely. If it starts then, you have a low pressure pump problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I hit the start button nothing happens at all no lights no buzzing no fuel pump and I do not have electric start just pull start when I pull started the dash lights will come on but sled will not start

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate any kind of help getting a little flustered with the sled I bought it 5 years ago from a dealer and I don't know a lot about them they said the sled had all the updates done on it

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Use your multimeter to measure the voltage at the battery. Then measure for any voltage at the F11 fuse.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also just to be sure check your kill switch, Even if it is set right it might be screwed up inside. Also make sure the chip is still in the dess cord.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The chip is still in the dess cord and the Killswitch is in the on position but if the Killswitch was still activated to kill the snowmobile wouldn't my lights on the gauges still come on when I hit the start button

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
4.6 Vdc is a big drop. I wonder if there is a splice that went bad in the VI/RD wires.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts