Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding with my friend with his 05 mxz 500 and when he went to stop at a road crossing he hit the brakes and there was nothing there, he went into the road and missed getting hit by a truck by inches. We checked the fluid and it was fine after that we bleed the brakes and the braked still fade out time to time. We have no idea what is wrong with the brakes any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
rx1yama18 said:
I was riding with my friend with his 05 mxz 500 and when he went to stop at a road crossing he hit the brakes and there was nothing there, he went into the road and missed getting hit by a truck by inches. We checked the fluid and it was fine after that we bleed the brakes and the braked still fade out time to time. We have no idea what is wrong with the brakes any help would be appreciated.

[snapback]291873[/snapback]​
maybe he needs some steel braided brake hoses. during alot of hard breaking the stock one can stretch and that will cause the brakes to be really weak.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Possibly a failed piston in the caliper.............I had an 01 MXZ 800 where this happened and as the brake heated up it became very spongy.

·
Is it winter yet
2,147 Posts
Did failure come after lots of hard braking. My sled did same thing when new,posted problem on here got same replies. Read onwers manual said to use dot 4 fluid. I think dealer put dot 3 in and was boiling causing brake failure. Because i put dot 4 in and flushed all old out 1500 miles still works great. HOPE THIS HELPS p.s. if not probably is master cylinder , boy i hate to type. Randy

·
Registered
253 Posts
stopping is overrated

Honestly its a dealer problem not his. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. This is safety issue and any dealer will make it a priority to fix it right because of the liablity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was hard breaking prior to them going out. He is taking it to the dealer this week its still under warrenty so hopefull this is covered.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts