Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well changing from a 2000 mxz to a 2010 mxz this year has been a great in a lot of ways

nicer ride, storage bag for gear no more back pack, more power,

my first ride on this 800r for 100 miles my fuel light came on at 80 miles and i was very concerned that my buddy would have to tow me back at around 10 pm or have to find some fuel with everyone closed

so my next trip out i had picked up the linq gas can witch fits perfect. but what to do with the bag i still needed all my gear. so i mount it on top of the tank, works ok but moves a lot because of handle on tank. have to move the bag closer to the seat by moving bag hookup pins, looks good their

so after 6 miles out in the lake george area i look back and bag is gone. do a quick u turn and start looking.

so what would you do finding a bag with

gps

patagona vest

servival kit

lunch

waters

insurance card with my name and address

over 450. werth

it has been 2.5 weeks and my buds tell me stories of how they lost stuff and got it sent back to them

not sure if my bag is in the mail

atleast they stayed hydrated had lunch and could find their way back to their trailer

oh and stay warm with the extra vest

back to the back pack

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I also lost some leather gloves, hat, 2 fleece, gauntlets and some tools this year when I forgot to zip my tunnel bag. Returned less than 10 minutes later and all were picked up by some people east of tomahawk never to be seen again it would seem. I hope you have better luck than I.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like to think as a group - snowmobilers are for a majority good, responsible, honest bunch. I've come across many a troubled sledder and always got them back onto the trail or up and running or least towed home. However, I've seen belts stolen off sleds by fellow snowmobilers, jackets stolen out of restaurants with their key inside - bummer etc. I guess it comes down to the specific individual who finds the items. Don't give up hope on humanity still some good folks out there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That sucks that somebody didn't try to contact you a few years ago a buddy of mine found a wallet on the trail with around $800 in it look through the wallet found the phone number called his wife we left it at our hotel the guy picked it up the next day everything was great the guy told the guy that found it he could keep all the cash in there you just wanted to spread it cards and everything back the guy gave back every dime that was in the wallet about a month later the guy gets send him $200 in the mail and he returned it back to him just wish somebody would do that for him someday hopefully somebody will return it to you soon good luck

Reactions: stmike

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
If you haven't already, check any stores, hotels, gas stations that are along the route. I have found several things on the trail and it has almost always been pretty close to a town. I usually leave them at the closest gas station and hope the person ends up looking there.

·
Registered
576 Posts
With all the fancy mounts I still and a cord of some type just to be safe, had the rev tank come free twice but never leave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts