Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm always on the search for more horsepower. Somebody here may know me from the 450r.org, cumminsforum or rzrforum. I'm an engine junkie and I love building them. The easiest way to get the sporty quad (dynojet 53hp at the wheels) to move faster was to lighten it. Well after quitting drinking on May 8th last year I've lost 45 lbs, from 240 to 195. Don't need those heavy fat boy springs anymore. I can't wait to get on the sled for the first time this year on Monday and enjoy my new found power!

On another note got my cummins truck on the dyno last week and laid down 440hp/870ftlbs to the wheels! Didn't hit the 500 mark I was looking for but I'm dam close.

IMG_4253_zpsi8xecaki.jpg

Thinking SNOW!

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Nice, well organized shop. Congrats on the weight loss and sobriety. Your gonna be swimming in your snow suit.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the ol reliable 12valve cummins? Or a newer one?
No its a 24 valve. Slightly higher compression ratio, head studs, upgraded valve train and different cam. Oh and a slightly larger then stock turbo

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats ! :salute:

June 29th will be 5 yrs for me .

Only posting because I know how hard it can be .
Congratulations to you sir! Its amazing the things I actually accomplish in the garage now when I'm not standing there for hours in a pile of butts and beer cans listening to music all night

Reactions: Spatzboy and gene p
1 - 7 of 7 Posts