Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAD A PROBLEM THIS WEEKEND WITH HIGH RPM RUNNING AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS COULD BE DO TO THE LOOSE SNOW.

HOW CAN I CHECK IF MY SLED HAS CARB HEATERS?

IF IT DOESN'T WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO WARM UP THE CARBS?

I'M SHOOTING IN THE DARK ON THIS RPM PROBLEM

THANKS,

ADAM

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
Look at you're carbs. Is there a hose going to and from the carbs with a red knob on one hose? If there is, they are heated. Align the arrow WITH the hose for on. Oh, is you're sled a zx or an S2000?

·
1,950 Posts
I would guess they are heated. Look for that red knob. On in powder and when it's REALLY cold, off every other time.

·
1,950 Posts
darn, I went and looked at the microfiche for you're sled and I don't see a carb heating setup.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
If your carbs freeze, use a hairdryer to warm them up and evaporate the water. Sounds weird, but it works awesome! Worked for my frozen throttle cable last weekend.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ADAM ANTHONY said:
THANKS FOR THE TIME!

WE'LL SEE HOW IT RUNS THIS WEEKEND

ADAM
[snapback]284413[/snapback]​
I don't think the '99s are heated. I just looked at a friends '99 600 and the carbs were unheated round-slides.

·
WIZZARD needs a BLIZZARD!
1,564 Posts
in the loose snow close your screens or if you dont have one that open and close ducktap them closed I had that problem this weekend carbs freezen closed the screens and I was good to go. Hope this helps dude good riding.

Jarrod

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
todd700mxz said:
ADAM ANTHONY said:
THANKS FOR THE TIME!

WE'LL SEE HOW IT RUNS THIS WEEKEND

ADAM
[snapback]284413[/snapback]​
I don't think the '99s are heated. I just looked at a friends '99 600 and the carbs were unheated round-slides.
[snapback]284614[/snapback]​
Todd,
You are correct!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts