Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is a small nut on the backside of this shield connection. Came loose over the weekend. Not sure of the easiest way to access this. Do I really have to remove the hood to access? Looks like I might be able to get to it behind the black foam..............but there is some strange fastener (shown in one of the pics) that I'm not sure if it comes off. I think the intake might be in the way also.

Don't mind removing the hood but if there is an easier way I'm all for it.

Attachments

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
No nut back there, the cap/ cover is your nut for tightening, and its plastic junk. You can get a thin RCA cable nut at hardware store. Take off the plastic cap nut and install metal nut and put cover nut on or leave it off.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I finally figured that out. Should have messed with it before I tore the front end off! LOL. Didn't realize the cap was the nut. I kept wondering why the nut on the backside wouldn't turn!

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
Thanks! I finally figured that out. Should have messed with it before I tore the front end off! LOL. Didn't realize the cap was the nut. I kept wondering why the nut on the backside wouldn't turn!
No problem, but get a RCA nut if you can, it will come loose again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts