Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like the 11 cat turbo is doomed quicker than we thought. the 1200 doos should be able to win races if the cat turbo goes the way of say t-rex , extinct lol. Cant help it guys, I ve been hearing it for years, 1100 cats wont run with big turbo doos, but yet every race seems cats dominate. Even the little race in my back yard last weekend had cats winning over big dollar doo.s . Jamie are you still loving your kittie.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
Sounds like the 11 cat turbo is doomed quicker than we thought. the 1200 doos should be able to win races if the cat turbo goes the way of say t-rex , extinct lol. Cant help it guys, I ve been hearing it for years, 1100 cats wont run with big turbo doos, but yet every race seems cats dominate. Even the little race in my back yard last weekend had cats winning over big dollar doo.s . Jamie are you still loving your kittie.
Yes I am thanks for asking. With the weather I don't see accumulating huge miles but I'm shooting for 4000.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Did you run your sled Kevin?

Was a full Doo win in Eel River last spring.

Our weekend race got postponed here, which would have been a good chance to see some good racing between Doo and Cat.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I heard there was a sighting of this sled in Bridgewater yesterday... Nice Sled!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Considering the weather I might race you with one of these Kevin... :cool_old:

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Or this, you can choose which one to make it fair... OMG we need SNOW!!! Spending way too much time keyboard racing... :sad_old: :sad_old: :sad_old: :sad_old: :sad_old:

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well gotta come clean now, I sold my 1200 turbo. After countless sleepless nights, rereading Jamies threads on HCS, and getting little nudges from my buddy, you know who to BRIAN, lol, I plunged and purchased a new zr 9000 limited yesterday. Its in pieces waiting for exhaust from SANDALE, a tune , clutch tuning by Ron Ward, studded it today put the 4 wheel kit under it, and a bunch of heat management shielding under the hood around exhaust area. I will say so far I see a difference in parts quality from the 4 machines I had in 12 and 13 model years. I think the shocks could be the real deal just by cycling the adjustment nob and cycling them , feeling the huge diference. I know these things will run hard, just hope it rides close to an r-motion. Brian , can you hook the boat to the chevy and put the slingshot in the bed for me to bring home.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Well gotta come clean now, I sold my 1200 turbo. After countless sleepless nights, rereading Jamies threads on HCS, and getting little nudges from my buddy, you know who to BRIAN, lol, I plunged and purchased a new zr 9000 limited yesterday. Its in pieces waiting for exhaust from SANDALE, a tune , clutch tuning by Ron Ward, studded it today put the 4 wheel kit under it, and a bunch of heat management shielding under the hood around exhaust area. I will say so far I see a difference in parts quality from the 4 machines I had in 12 and 13 model years. I think the shocks could be the real deal just by cycling the adjustment nob and cycling them , feeling the huge diference. I know these things will run hard, just hope it rides close to an r-motion. Brian , can you hook the boat to the chevy and put the slingshot in the bed for me to bring home.
The good old Chevy will haul all the toys home for you no problem... :)

The weather is calling for some snow here tomorrow now so Maybe we will actually be able to race the sleds next week when you come up this way. Just don't forget the glasses so you can get a good look at the Doo's snow flap. :) Just kidding, I have no doubt the Cat will work good for sure. Should be a real sweet trail sled for ya!

G

·
There picking them up in the U.S. for around $10000. What kind of deals up here?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
my buddy loves his 16 the best as well out oh 12 13 and 14 cats says its leaps above what they had. hes also running eco and powertrail with 2.5 dd exhaust and outlet and the stock clutching is bang on both clutches are cool and no belt slippage or dust. he did have the alignment bar from osp on it and was about 1/16th of an inch to long

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better grab em while you can, no more next year. I will bet that we will never see this kind of power or the ability to gain so much power, ever again from an oe manufacturer. Cat did make a mark that will be talked about for decades to come. Kawasaki, then Suzuki now Yamaha, will it be Honda or kimco next lol. Does anyone have speculation as to whats coming for cats new sxs. Hope its not the 3hole Yamaha. I just cant get my head around Yamaha and cat in bed together as they compete for the same markets. I think Suzuki should be building a sxs with the 1100 engine in a race inspired chassis, hire Biffle to help design test and market it. There I think I just ga :madnote: ve Suzuki a project . lol We need snow, getting silly here watching it rain.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Getting silly is buying another Cat turbo! Kevin you must of lost you're mind or memory, maybe both.

No Way, No how is it going to ride and handle like a Doo! Not gonna happen, with a falling rate rear suspension that tank has in it.

Worst seasons I ever had snowmobiling were riding these Cat turbo tanks. Doo's are just so much lighter, better riding and handling not to mention better sounding.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Getting silly is buying another Cat turbo! Kevin you must of lost you're mind or memory, maybe both.

No Way, No how is it going to ride and handle like a Doo! Not gonna happen, with a falling rate rear suspension that tank has in it.

Worst seasons I ever had snowmobiling were riding these Cat turbo tanks. Doo's are just so much lighter, better riding and handling not to mention better sounding.
I know you were butt hurt by your cat mike but your living in the past. these new cats have seriously stepped up the game. no bias opinion I love my turbo 1200 renegade. my buddy has a zr 137 turbo now. other then sound and how the controls feel/ a little seating position difference both sleds handle the exact same. no ski lift, no darting, no heavy steering, no push/ comfortable seats/ both rear suspensions are smooth as butter. it pains me to say this and i will probably get flamed but the front end of the cat handles the bumps better then the doo does and the cat is not as nervous

·
Vendor
313 Posts
Congrats on the new sled Kevin, it looks great. Somehow sad to loose a genuine turbo Doo addict.... but at least still riding under pressure. Diversity is always a positive thing.

Brian.... I declare you guilty of not giving Keven the opportunity to ride your 2016 turbocharged Doo sooner.... we both know he would not have done this.... Loll.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Congrats on the new sled Kevin, it looks great. Somehow sad to loose a genuine turbo Doo addict.... but at least still riding under pressure. Diversity is always a positive thing.

Brian.... I declare you guilty of not giving Keven the opportunity to ride your 2016 turbocharged Doo sooner.... we both know he would not have done this.... Loll.
Unfortunately, I am guilty as charged. Those Cats are just getting too tempting with nothing but good reports on the 2016's and the ability to boost them up for a small fraction of a Doo. Happy trails with that new Kitty Kevin. I will anxiously be awaiting your first report!

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
I know you were butt hurt by your cat mike but your living in the past. these new cats have seriously stepped up the game. no bias opinion I love my turbo 1200 renegade. my buddy has a zr 137 turbo now. other then sound and how the controls feel/ a little seating position difference both sleds handle the exact same. no ski lift, no darting, no heavy steering, no push/ comfortable seats/ both rear suspensions are smooth as butter. it pains me to say this and i will probably get flamed but the front end of the cat handles the bumps better then the doo does and the cat is not as nervous
X2 nobody was more pissed in 2012 than me at cat. These 16's aren't even the same sleds. They steer lighter ride excellent and work awesome! I'll be interested to see Kevin's opinion after riding it! You did ride it before all the mods right Kevin?

Cat missed the mark in 12 by a football field had these 16's been what we all got everyone would have been happy. Still my dealer sold 70+ turbos this season! Seven zero! That's a lot of sleds no one wants...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its all good guys. No worries Martin , my 2016 mxzx is waiting in the wings for a turbo kit. I wont go without a boosted 1200. As for the cat, I do value Jamies opinion greatly, hes the apitimee of a sledder. Puts more miles and field experience than 90 percent of riders, and hes had multiple boosted rides. Plus I wore out my fleece he sent me for FREE years ago.lol I do believe cat has fixed a lot on these and cant deny there merits. No I did not drive it stock Jamie, lol you know me I jump in with both feet. Mike never say never could come round to bite you. Jamie why don't you come into Rimouski QC and we"ll ride the gaspe together in a few weeks. Got my Sandale exhaust all done today , took the stock muffler shielding , cut it to fit the Sandale muffler tigged it all back together with the factory insulation in it, wrapped everything tight. Would post pics but I don't want to get banned. HCS banned me over there due to not cheering for Ben, Thanks TOM Cat, did you get a deal for defending so well. lol On another note the new owner of my Motec , 154 , EFR 6258 sled is stoked. Its a beast , pulls like a bear and he is very happy. Told you Ryan you would love it and yes 154s will run on trails great. That's a wrap Kevin

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Dont worry about that......it rides better if you ask me....But no one will believe us.....I wouldn't buy a cat before for quite a few reasons ...But this sled is the Real deal.....just as Jamie said it was.....I took one for a rip for the day and I had to have one.....

Fast,smooth and rail's the corners nicely .....no ski lift....I can push this sled harder than any 1200 ive been on.....It just feels lighter and the sled feels like it has power steering ....its awesome.

But don't repeat this stuff on the xr forum because you will get crucified for it .....just like Jamie and I did......owell its there Loss .

Enjoy your new cat!!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Need for Speed 2, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:

Its all good guys. No worries Martin , my 2016 mxzx is waiting in the wings for a turbo kit. I wont go without a boosted 1200. As for the cat, I do value Jamies opinion greatly, hes the apitimee of a sledder. Puts more miles and field experience than 90 percent of riders, and hes had multiple boosted rides. Plus I wore out my fleece he sent me for FREE years ago.lol I do believe cat has fixed a lot on these and cant deny there merits. No I did not drive it stock Jamie, lol you know me I jump in with both feet. Mike never say never could come round to bite you. Jamie why don't you come into Rimouski QC and we"ll ride the gaspe together in a few weeks. Got my Sandale exhaust all done today , took the stock muffler shielding , cut it to fit the Sandale muffler tigged it all back together with the factory insulation in it, wrapped everything tight. Would post pics but I don't want to get banned. HCS banned me over there due to not cheering for Ben, Thanks TOM Cat, did you get a deal for defending so well. lol On another note the new owner of my Motec , 154 , EFR 6258 sled is stoked. Its a beast , pulls like a bear and he is very happy. Told you Ryan you would love it and yes 154s will run on trails great. That's a wrap Kevin
If you guys decide to do that and want to roll the County into it.....Aroostook County Maine....let me know its not all that far from there...perhaps we could hook up and i can give you guys a free place to crash.

Jamie Dont worry I don't wanna ride your cat I got my own.....LOL :lol:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts