Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice.

My wife and I have never been to Quebec, and we want to do 3 day saddlebag trip. We want to start as far South as possible ... Gatineau, Montreal, Trois-Rivieres, or Quebec City ... looking for a simple place to stay the first night, buy trail passes, and safe storage for our tow vehicle and trailer.

Then spend 3 days and 2 nights on the trail, and then back to our start point for a final / 4th night.

We want to keep daily mileage around 250 km per day, 125 km between stops, see some cool sites, and (while on the trail) stay at some nice places (good food on site, lodge type atmosphere, pool or hot tub would be nice) for the 2 nights we are on the trail and enjoy some of the region 's hospitality and culture.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife and I ride in the Laurentians / Lanaudiere regions every week (we have a chalet in the area). If you start near Trois-Rivieres you can stay on either side of the river. We've stayed at the Auberge Godfroy on the south side on our way to touring the Chaudiere/Appalaches regions last year. It's a nice place with good food. Pretty sure they have a pool, but we didn't use it. There's a sled towing service to take you over the bridge to the north side of the St-Lawrence that picks you up right at the hotel. From there, you can ride northwest up the TQ63 up to the Auberge Lac Taureau - very nice place with fine dining - around 210 km. Day 2 you can check out the Dam on Lac Taureau (an amazing sight) and then continue through the network roughly southwest to the Royal Laurentian Golf Club and Spa. That would be about 255 km, but if you forgo the dam it can be as little as 210km. Then it's back to 3-Riv. at Godfroy, around 255km.

You can also stay on the north side of the St-Lawrence in 3-Riv. at the Hotel Laviolette - I never stayed there, but did stop in for a break once and it looked alright.

Good luck and happy riding!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Merci!

I am wondering if the snow and conditions are good enough for us to start out as far South as Pine Hill (about halfway between Gatineau and Montreal) and ride up to Auberge Lac Taureau (as that appears to be the type of place we are looking for).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry, I don't know. Furthest south I've been this year is around Ste-Agathe. Trail conditions in that area are decent but could always use more snow. Have not headed west yet this year either, but I'm considering a trip to the Baskatong Reservoir area - there's a nice place there called Auberge Windigo that I stayed at a few years back. If I get there soon I'll let you know what it's like.
The riding around St-Michel, near Lac Taureau, has been great so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts