Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Looking for the best off trail mountain powder type riding in VT

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  04mxz75 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I am from southern ontario looking to do a trip to the Vermont area in January. We like to ride trails but mainly looking for good offtrail riding. Somewhere with lots of snow, and in the mountains. We want a taste of mountain riding but dont wanna drive 4 days out west, Vermont is only 8-10hrs.

From google maps it looks like the best hills would be in White Mountain National Forest and Mt Washington area. I dont know how that area is as far as allowing riding or whether it is even any good.

Thanks for any informortion.

#3 ·
Wow good to know about the fine in Vermont, that would make for a crappy day to find that out then. As for Chic Chocs it looks pretty good most of their youtube videos good I dont know if its worth the 18 hour drive kinda good though.
I didn't realize before that the White Mountain National Forest and Mt Washington area is actually New Hampshire. How is the riding around there? Lots of off trail, and lots of deep powder? Or is there a better spot in New Hamshire or West side of Maine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.