Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 MXZ 440 LC that needs some engine work, but all of the parts diagrams for 96 show an engine with RAVE valves, does anybody have insight into why this might be? Do I have a late 95 model? i can’t find any part listings for a 95?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The first thing you should do would be to check the data plate on the side of the tunnel for a date of manufacture. The date of Mfg. will be one year behind the model year. For ex: Mfg. 1995, your sled would be a 1996 model year. Mfg. 1994, your sled would be a 1995 model year.
Once you determine the year you could check with your dealer who may be able to assist you in finding the correct parts or check on E Bay for a parts manual for the corresponding year and model of your sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing you should do would be to check the data plate on the side of the tunnel for a date of manufacture. The date of Mfg. will be one year behind the model year. For ex: Mfg. 1995, your sled would be a 1996 model year. Mfg. 1994, your sled would be a 1995 model year.
Once you determine the year you could check with your dealer who may be able to assist you in finding the correct parts or check on E Bay for a parts manual for the corresponding year and model of your sled.
it does have 95 on the tunnel, looking through internet images it looks like the engine is a 470. I’m guessing this sled is a mutt of parts.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
There should be a plate on the recoil housing with the bore and stroke and the engine type on it. Check it and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It looks like it is a 470 in a 96 body, does anybody have advice on who could bore my 470 cylinders that need to be cleaned up, somewhere near Minneapolis, or Rice Lake Wisconsin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts