Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock gearing is 19/45 on my 04 Summit 800 Highmark Extreme. (159x2x16). Wondering if I can go to a bigger tooth on my bottom gear or what the chaincase takes? Haven't looked at it too much. Just looking for some info before I start taking gears off without new ones to put on. Or if I have to order a new chain. All input appreciated!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking for opinions on of anyone tried anything different/better. I'm new to the big lug long track 800 territory!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the 45 tooth was the biggest that could be put on the bottom. I'm pretty sure you need to put a bigger gear on top if you want it to "go faster" or a smaller tooth on top for more torque

·
Registered
889 Posts
I run 21/45 gearing on my 04 740 big bore (144x2x16), I didn't really notice much difference in torque from stock but gained a little more top speed which makes it easier to keep up with the short tracks on the trails and the extra track speed actually makes it climb better. I'm pretty sure a 45 bottom gear is the biggest you can fit in a rev chaincase a good clutch setup goes a long way too, I played around with different clutch setups for a whole season until I found one that I really liked.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can put a bigger chain case in snowmobiles too. but with this sled I'm going to base it more on clutching. maybe a dynamo joe or cudney clutch kit?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Dynamo Joe kit works well , can't say anything about Cudney because I've never used it before. It's always fun to play with different clutching and gearing setups until you find what suits you best, I didn't have to go with a different chain when I went to a 21 top gear I'm not sure how big you can go without a longer chain but there still seemed like there was enough slack to go another size bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.