Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
MachZ72 said:
Anybody have a track for a 98 mach z 121 in for sale ?

[snapback]288934[/snapback]​
Any std. width 121" will fit (it can be Doo, Polaris, Cat, Yamaha or aftermarket). If your not going to stud it I wouldn't go any less than a 1" lug (the stock track is 3/4" - one of the best improvements I did to mine was put on an 1 1/4" track).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XcellR8 said:
MachZ72 said:

Any std. width 121" will fit (it can be Doo, Polaris, Cat, Yamaha or aftermarket). If your not going to stud it I wouldn't go any less than a 1" lug (the stock track is 3/4" - one of the best improvements I did to mine was put on an 1 1/4" track).
[snapback]289131[/snapback]​
Thanks for the tip, did you stud it to ? did you lose any top end with a deep lug track. I would like to get away from studs and go to a deep lug if I could

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
MachZ72 said:
XcellR8 said:
MachZ72 said:

[snapback]289131[/snapback]​
Thanks for the tip, did you stud it to ? did you lose any top end with a deep lug track. I would like to get away from studs and go to a deep lug if I could
[snapback]289632[/snapback]​
No I didn't stud it, I haven't had the chance to see how much top end I lost but I'm guessing only about 3-4 mph. I had it up to 113 mph at the end of last year on bumpy hardpack but ran out of room (ideal conditions and a longer run should easily add a few more to that). The best I had with my other track was 120 mph in ideal condtions (I may have been able to squeek one or two more out of it that day again if the run was longer).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.