Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a quiet silencer for my 809 MachZ. I have heard the MBRP but it is a bit loud for my everyday trail sled. Anyone heard the dynport can? Rich says it's only a little louder than stock. Are there any other silencers that sound nice but not to loud? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Machdaddy, I have a Dynoport can on my 2000, and it is not very loud, it is actually quieter than I thought it would be. Maybe we could trade?? Where are you located?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had those on my 98 MachZ as well, and the did sound good, but dynoport makes a different canister style for the 99 and newer. It is supposed to be only 4db louder than stock, but I was hoping someone might have heard one to give some feedback.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
machz123 said:
Machdaddy, I have a Dynoport can on my 2000, and it is not very loud, it is actually quieter than I thought it would be. Maybe we could trade?? Where are you located?
[snapback]295643[/snapback]​
Thanks Machz123, thats what I was hoping. I wish I still had the MBRP to trade you, but I sold it. You can actually get an MBRP silencer from Shadetreee during the offseason sales for real good price if you want louder. MBRP sounds like a healthy piped Mach. If you decide to sell that Dynoport canister, I would be interested in buying it from you. I live in Brighton MI.

·
Registered
769 Posts
My son just installed a nickle plated Dyno Port silencer on a 2001 Mach Z. It louder than stock but a lot quiter that expected. Sounds good to me, not loud enough for him. I have had these Dyno Port silencers in the past on my Mach Z's.
The more time you get on them the louder they get to the point almost to loud. The inside packing gets worn out.
Had a couple of em did the same thing. Do not plan on going any faster though.
Just sounds good, You do loose about 15 pounds. Depending on where you ride the DNR will look at you first. Alway bring the stock can with you.
Just riddding, let it sound good, going bar hopping you might want to be quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts