Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl is paralyzied on her right side do to a stroke.My wife and i have been riding snowmobiles for years.Were looking for a harness system that looks like a reverse backpack.We saw it a few years ago but cant seem to locate one.She loves to ride and only has support with one hand.I can drive with one hand but it gets hard sometimes.Thanks for any help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
big sky said:
My little girl is paralyzied on her right side do to a stroke.My wife and i have been riding snowmobiles for years.Were looking for a harness system that looks like a reverse backpack.We saw it a few years ago but cant seem to locate one.She loves to ride and only has support with one hand.I can drive with one hand but it gets hard sometimes.Thanks for any help!!!
[snapback]291692[/snapback]​

Attachments

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What a smile! I love seeing these kids outdoors! I wish more parents would get their kids outdoors. But I digress.

I bought one of those harnesses last year because my son kept falling asleep on me. Now when he falls asleep the harness holds him up and I don't have to!

I did a quick Google and found this: http://corneys1.tripod.com/sledpalsite/

One of the dootalk.com sponsors may also sell it. I found it by searching for "snowmobile safety harness"

Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a harness from www.jrgraham.com It is not like a back-pack, but it works ok. You can put the child in front or behind you (you will need help if putting th elittle one behind you). There are five adjustable straps that go around both of you. One between your legs, one on each side under your arms, and one over each shoulder. A pain in the butt the first few times you put it on, but once you get used to it it's easy. And it was $20, I think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
big sky said:
[snapback]291692[/snapback]​
I bought one last year for my kids on the 4-wheeler at Royal Distributing here in Ontario. It is made to have the child sit in front of you with the straps going around and underneath you. i don't know if you have seen them but it looks like the things that mothers wear to carry the babies around. I don't use it anymore as I found the kids are hanging on themselves so your welcome to have it. E-mail me your address and i will send it to you.

P.S I found it a pain to get on and off by myself but when my wife helped me it was pretty easy, she just put my son into it once it was on me.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,180 Posts
Love to see pics of kids on the sleds with smiles. It means the sport lives on in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.