Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! looking to stay some where between newberry and grand marais this weekend. Anyone know of a cabin that has vacancy for four people. no hotels please.
thanks!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Just so you know, there is NO snow. You can ride ATV's on the trails around Hurley, so thats an option.
Look in the General Forum, there is 2 or 3 posts on how bad that area of the UP got hit last weekend in the 50 degree weather. Its basically mud from the reports.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well that report is BS. You will be fine if you trailer out. You don't want to run anything that is shared by the loggers. And every trail out of Newberry except the falls trail is shared by loggers along some stretch or another. These are the ones down to dirt.

My wife and i put on 200 Miles in one day from Seney to Rainbow lodge. The area up around Grand Marais was good. Coming in and out of any town the the trail is basically Junk. There is alot of good riding to be had both on and off trail. The temps are dropping this week but no new real good snow. So if you want to ride i would suggest staying north of 28 and trailer out. Next two weeks things will be back in shape.

Good luck 2 you! There is more to ride than the trails they mainitain you know!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
SPEED RACER said:
Well that report is BS. You will be fine if you trailer out. You don't want to run anything that is shared by the loggers. And every trail out of Newberry except the falls trail is shared by loggers along some stretch or another. These are the ones down to dirt.

My wife and i put on 200 Miles in one day from Seney to Rainbow lodge. The area up around Grand Marais was good. Coming in and out of any town the the trail is basically Junk. There is alot of good riding to be had both on and off trail. The temps are dropping this week but no new real good snow. So if you want to ride i would suggest staying north of 28 and trailer out. Next two weeks things will be back in shape.

Good luck 2 you! There is more to ride than the trails they mainitain you know!
[snapback]304679[/snapback]​
I guess I should have said "there are not many TRAILS that are in decent shape", but you could hunt around and find snow if you trailer around to find it.
Not being a local its kinda hard to just find areas other than trails to ride, and all reports and people I talked to said it was really bad up there this weekend. maybe my report is twisted because I am used to the UP being the whitest-best trails I can usually find?
Sorry if I mislead anyone, but please don't bitch when you come home early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts