Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a 2013 summit x with 3000 miles. It hasn't had any engine work done on it yet. The sled seems to be in great shape.

This would be my first etec, coming off an 08 ptek. I'm a bit worried about that mileage. Should I be?

What would you guys think is a fair price for this sled?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you can wait on buying that's what I would do. A lot of 15s and 16s are going to be coming up for sale with less miles for a decent price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just lucked into a 2014 SP with 140 miles for 7400 from an area dealer. I would hold out for something with less miles, the deals are there or will be coming. Patience is not one of my virtues but it usually pays off. If you have your heart set on this one I agree with KOREV and wouldn't spend more than 6k. FWIW I saw on CL locally a 2011 X with 450 miles, guy was asking 4800.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. I'm up in Canada so I don't think prices are quite as good here. It's around that 6 range and seems like a good price for my area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if you are looking to upgrade check on kijji in alberta lots of really good deals on sleds if you hunt around

etecs last a long time way more reliable than the ptek lots of sleds have went 7000km before top end and double that on a bottom end

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have 8000km on my '14. I've rebuilt the clutch once. Wasn't even necassary. That's it, but I do regular maintenance.
10k+ isn't that uncommon for these engines.
That said, if I was buying a used sled, I would look for something with less k. There are plenty further west.
$6k for an xm is pretty reasonable even for that mileage.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have 8000km on my '14. I've rebuilt the clutch once. Wasn't even necassary. That's it, but I do regular maintenance.
10k+ isn't that uncommon for these engines.
That said, if I was buying a used sled, I would look for something with less k. There are plenty further west.
$6k for an xm is pretty reasonable even for that mileage.
yup I know a guy with 12.000 km on a etec. All km were riding around with the wife on the river or on the flats somewhere. This is a mountain form. 12.000km in the mountains, not going to happen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you're under 7k, you're in the right ballpark. $6k would be an absolute steal. I'm in MB and have bought a couple sleds in SK. I might also have spent a few hours lurking on Kijiji, depending on who's asking. :)

Are you taking it out west or playing around home? I ride a Summit in MB, the only province that SK can make fun of for being even flatter.

Get it. You won't be disappointed. Every riding buddy that has tried mine out in the bush starts shopping for one when they get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts