Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
95s would be twin pipe 670s. Good ole rotary valve Rotax and they were runners. Good sleds I’d grab them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ty Peterson

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What’s your budget? I’d look for something in the first generation Rev chassis if you can afford it. . At your age you’ll think your a snocross rider once you ride one of those compared to the older chassis.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Ok I’m a big triple and F chassis guy I’ve owned many. First thing is the 600’s did NOT have pto bearing issues. That was the 800’s, the 96’s also did NOT have the CDI mounted under the motor, that was a one year deal in 98. Now hears the deal, Being that it’s 25 years old. I would be wondering if the water pump seals have ever been replaced, this was something that was known to happen on higher mileage motors but wasn’t an inherent wasn’t issue with the triples. Seals would fail then you would be burning coolant in the mag side cylinder. Secondly have the oil lines been replaced? The 600’s had three separate round slide carbs cleaning was easy but syncing them could be a PITA. Check the compression a fresh rebuild would teals around 145-150 psi. The 96’s also came with the C-7 rear suspension and it SUCKED most guys replaced them with sc-10’s I’d definitely be looking to see if it has that done. The 600’s made around 125hp w/ a top rpm of 83/8400. The tach is about 200 off so you want it reading 85-8600. Adjust your setting accordingly on the primary to achieve this. If I remember correctly the 96 600’s had a 1/4 mile speed of 97’ish mph witch was actually just slightly better then the mach z 800. Also remember this sled was designed as a lake racer, they went like a bat out of he11 in a straight line, tight and twistys ehhhh not so much. With a good rear skid such as a sc10-3 or sc-4 and a good set of skis you can make a decent trail sled out of them. They are heavy and you will know it by the end of the day. The ONLY inherent problem with the 600’s like only if the triples was they liked to eat stators, and the junk rm stator replacements don’t even waste your money find a good OEM one.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts