Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ski Doo MXZ TNT 850
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been riding for years but always managed to borrow one of my buddies sleds (great reciprocal deal where he borrowed one of my SXS’s). His son this past season got his 12-16 trail pass and is now riding doing the big trips with us and I had to make a decision if I wanted to keep riding; I needed to get my own sled.

Got myself into a 2021 MXZ TNT 850.

Love the machine and feel I got a great deal on it (only 2800km).

I’ll be tinkering all summer with it and will be adding the extended glove box heater / cell phone charger onto it, but will install a USB port vs a 12 volt port.

Couple questions to get started -
Is there the 12v harness under the glove box to connect to?

And on the right side by the fuses, what is this second harness for??

Automotive tire Hood Grey Bumper Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive design Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Auto part

Thanks
Shaun

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Is there the 12v harness under the glove box to connect to?

Shaun, The connection is indeed below the glovebox and gauge. The new 12 volt post will come with a three way adapter to plug into an existing connection. Ski-Doo provides a online diagram for the connection. You will have to take the whole hood off the machine to do the work but it is good to know how to do that for ant future maintenance.

Its easy to do just need a star bit, T-25 I think, and a little patience.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 RenegadeX
24,159 Posts
One thing you may want to consider, wire your usb direct to the battery (or solenoid) with an in line fuse. This way you have power to it all the time and not just when the sled is running. I did this with my 1200 and added a dash switch so I can turn it off. My gps battery sucks in the cold and will shut off without the power.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts