Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew up my 550f and decided to make a little project, so i am now droping a 440lc into it. I would aventually like to go biger(600or 800) So would it be a good idea to go long cooler now? Or would it be to much cooling?. just thinking ahead and looking to save some cash, i already know that droping a 440lc or a lc period will be alot of cash. i baught a short cooler but i could sell it like nothing. Is it a good idea to drop the long cooler or stick with the short?

thanks
Mx

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts
Can never be to cool with a thermostat. Go big or go home.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I longer coolar is not neccessary...I have run and still do run a REV 440 race chassis with a custom big bore...I run the short cooler with ENGINE ICE and scratchers and my sled stays cooler than most...

Alot of us do it..

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You'll be fine. strap the snow flap or it you have the 550 one you'll be good to go.

I am going to try engine ice this winter myself. Not because I ever overheated though

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts
Spending the extra time to put the cooler in cant hurt.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Spending the extra time to put the cooler in cant hurt.
This has always been a fascinating topic. . . . do I or don't I. If you are running a 440 then no need to put the larger cooler in. If you do run the smaller cooler just make sure it is set up without the t-stat. I agree you don't need the larger cooler if you are set up right. i.e scratches, engine ice, no t-stat. . . . . . but, I do know I would rather have piece of mind on those days of hard packed snow. I installed a larger cooler on my 440/600 and she doesn't overheat even when it is run hard in icy conditions and I don't run engine ice, or scratches.

·
Registered
687 Posts
good post guys.

on that note i have a rear summit cooler to for $120
i'm not doing my project anymore so it needs to go.

pm me if interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts