Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It saddens and angers me that people get their kicks from joining a forum and do nothing but bash, put down, and do nothing for the greater good. I don't get it.

I know there is chit chat and screwing off that happens here from time to time, but 99% of us are here for one reason...the love of snowmobiling. We all try to help each other, for the most part, from what I've experienced in my short time here. Which I love! People from around the world can share their experiences, for better or worse, on these fantastic machines in this awesome forum.

So if I have made you mad with a snarky comment or something, here's my olive branch to you. If a thread or post I have made has helped you with your machine, that makes me happy!

Let's keep those trolls under the bridge, and I'm not talking about the Mackinac...

DooTalk Worldwide!

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Ya, there have been a few over time. Eventually they get the boot. Sometimes i think they come back under a different name, but they dont last long. It always has and always will get handled, just frustrating.

Bet i could guess the name of one right now, and i wouldn't need 11 guesses.

;)

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,142 Posts
Ya, there have been a few over time. Eventually they get the boot. Sometimes i think they come back under a different name, but they dont last long. It always has and always will get handled, just frustrating.

Bet i could guess the name of one right now, and i wouldn't need 11 guesses.

;)
I have a feeling you're thinking of a recurring contributor that follows the pattern of Username##... :huh:

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a feeling you're thinking of a recurring contributor that follows the pattern of Username##... :huh:
Hope there's not another in the Rev forum now. At Least they asked a legit question lol

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,142 Posts
Hope there's not another in the Rev forum now. At Least they asked a legit question lol
Well one thing is for sure: there are a lot more good people than bad people on this forum. I've met a lot of fellow Dootalkers that have become riding buddies and good friends over the last few years. I've also made a lot of awesome "virtual" friends through this site that I hope to meet in person one day. The amount of knowledge sharing on here is incredible. Do not feed the trolls and just keep having fun. :righton

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
I agree completely.

Having said that, if you have a troll feel free to hit the report button and let us know. None of the moderators are paid and we all have full time jobs and lives outside of DooTalk. We can't see every post and sometimes things get missed.

We have the best members on the internet appreciate the help you offer in keeping this site the classy place it is. :righton

And no, we don't like trolls either.

Reactions: brutus503

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got real skeptical when I called them out and they said they sold their 2016, ordered a new Stang GT350, and was going to spring order a 2017 Doo. Went and looked at their profile and all their previous posts, all of the posts were just jerk comments. Got back to their main profile page and it said "BANNED" under their name. So after I started calling them out, it went downhill real fast for them I guess lol.

Thanks Mods!

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ladies and gentlemen, don't be afraid to report possible trolls. Go to their profile and look at the post history. If their posts are just crap and antagonistic with no post asking legitimate questions or help, get a hold of an admin. Just throwing it out there.

#dontfeedthetrolls

1 - 17 of 17 Posts