Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for a friend. He has a 2019 850 Blizzard and I see he has a tunnel protector but check out what looks like a tunnel brace marked in Red. Our question is can we stud this sled the way it is and can he keep his warranty with only going with 90 studs. He has an ice ripper track on the sled but he would like to go with a bit more traction. Stud Boy spt 1.375 for single ply tracks.

Thank you,

Badger

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
That looks like the stock tunnel protector. Studding that track will void any warranty on the track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like the stock tunnel protector. Studding that track will void any warranty on the track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
My 850 TNT is marked for studs but his is not. My dealer said on my TNT I can stud the sled but I have to go with 90 only and a 1.375 stud. This is my track. See the marks.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Warranty will be void. If you stud your track you will need to add protectors. Do not stud on the outside..
The new G4 850 that have the ice ripper tracks installed from the factory have the tunnel protectors installed from the factory. It is true that track warranty would be void if you stud an ice ripper track. For me I do not care about the 1 yr track warranty(never needed). I currently have the 1.25 ice ripper with the factory tunnel protectors and I have 1.62 studs(approx 190) that are installed in the middle and outside of the track. I have approx 1000 hard Tug Hill miles with this setup with out one scratch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts