Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 8 y/o riding an '06 300 Freestyle e-start and reverse. The round ring holding the key assembly on must have got loose and then came off. The whole assembly fell down in the hole, key and all..
...luckily it was turned to the "on" position so we could at least pull start it. My 8 y/o isn't strong enough to pull start it, so I need to get it fixed. Are there any special steps to getting to this that I need to know? This is our first freestyle and basically first Ski-doo (got a Summit coming too).....haven't ever worked on a Ski-doo yet. Sled will be coming out of storage to get ready for season, any help I can get would be much appreciated.
THANKS!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
The round ring holding the key assembly on must have got loose and then came off. The whole assembly fell down in the hole, key and all..
No big deal. You can reach the key switch if you open the left cheek panel and reach in there. Small hands
are useful for this. You should be able to poke the switch back up thru the hole. If you have the nut/ring,
you can put it all together.

I believe all SkiDoo key switches have the same thread nut. If you need to take the switch off to match it
to a nut/ring at a store, you can unplug the switch from the wires. The wiring harness ends in a big plug
right at the switch. Wiggle it off, its a friction fit. Then take the switch someplace (a dealer) to
find a matching nut.

Good news: the machine will pull start and run with the switch unplugged.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mx2sno,

If you don't have all the parts, I happen to have a new spare aluminum lock ring and MAYBE a new rubber cover that pulls over it.. Just sayin"

You should have zero problems reaching underneath to push the switch back up through the hole. If my chubby fingers could doo it, anyone's can.

Hacksaw.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hacksaw......I'll post my findings/outcome in a few weeks or so when I get the sleds out and take a look at it.......thanks again guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts