Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a pair of NOS cylinder sleeves for my 82 Alpine. Upon further investigation of the L.A. Sleeve catalog the ones I bought fit a l/c 640. They list 2 different sleeves for 2 different 640's. One says Alpine l/c 640 and other says just 640. Both are 76mm bore but the outside dia.of the sleeves are different. The l/c sleeve being 3.255" and other being 3.235". I have never heard of any other 640 and never a liquid cooled Alpine so I don't get it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info rotaxflyer. I believe you are correct or on the right track at least. All my research is leading me to the same conclusion. I did get a response from LA Sleeve Company but all he said was both sleeves are for the old 640 rotax alpines and they were pretty much the same part just different diameters. I asked if he could dig a little deeper than that because all the 640 alpines were fan cooled and essential the same so it doesn't make sense that there would be two different diameters sleeves for them. I'm not expecting much but we'll see what he has to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.