Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine broke and 5 dealerships told me they could not get the Black plate that bolts to the linq Gas tank itself with 4 bolts. So if anyone is interested i emailed Brp. They emailed me next day and it is available.

I have investigated your request and found that the assembled base plate with part number 860 201 514 seems to be available to order. From Tim at BRP

This is for the original 3 gallon gas caddy part number 860200585

·
Registered
568 Posts
FWIW. I just bought one in the spring from my dealer! Had to order it but wasn't an issue. They did say it is something new BRP is doing as they've been having so many issues with those plates.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Mine broke and 5 dealerships told me they could not get the Black plate that bolts to the linq Gas tank itself with 4 bolts. So if anyone is interested i emailed Brp. They emailed me next day and it is available.

I have investigated your request and found that the assembled base plate with part number 860 201 514 seems to be available to order. From Tim at BRP [/size]

This is for the original 3 gallon gas caddy part number [/size]860200585
That's because they're dumb.

Ran into the same issue 2 years ago. Found part # online and ordered one thru JayCox

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
You'd think that every LinQ accessory would include a parts diagram listing all the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You'd think that every LinQ accessory would include a parts diagram listing all the mounting hardware.
It should. But for them to just automatically assume the base couldn't be replaced by itself because they were to lazy to find the part number is unacceptable

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It should. But for them to just automatically assume the base couldn't be replaced by itself because they were to lazy to find the part number is unacceptable
BRP contracts the production of accessories out to another company, who is likely producing them overseas. They order xxx # of these fuel caddies, and they get them all assembled, packaged, and labeled ready for distribution to dealers. They don't order, or plan on selling spare parts for the assembled fuel caddy. Only when BRP started getting enough requests from dealers and the public did they create a part # and bring in this base plate. It takes a while for the fact that this spare part is even available to filter down to the dealers. I work in distribution in this industry, and this is very common unfortunately. I wish more spare parts were stocked for a lot of goods we buy.

Reactions: Ski Dog

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Also, there is a thread on here from last year for this very topic where someone posted part numbers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine had broken too. Turns out being that it was stored with the gas cap put on tight, the tank expanded to the point that it ballooned and pulled the screws through the base. My takeaway was to leave the cap semi loose when the can is empty or being stored.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Anyone mapped these with Autodesk? Seems like a simple piece to 3D print

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine broke where it slides under one of the LINQ side plates.i priced it $80.00 cdn plus tax.(they are now available)So I had bought a plastic welder(not too expensive) on Amazon to weld up some things,like my Old Elan hood.I put a couple of screws through it horozontally and welded it up.i filled the screws in totally it seams super strong now that the hollows avec screws are filled in.The plastic welder is pretty slick,you just have to buy the correct rods for what you want to weld.The welder is not too expensive.Not to difficult.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts