Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever lost any linq items or more specifically the gas tank? I stopped to show my buddy where we were on the map that I layed across my seat and linq gas tank. I folded my map put it in my pocket and my buddy took off down the trail when we got to the next stop sign about 5 miles down the trail I noticed my gas can was gone the trail was pretty bumpy bit still can't believe it would cause it to break loose. I tried to find the tank on the side of the trail but couldn't find it has anyone ever had this happen?

·
Registered
845 Posts
No issues w/mine. I have 2500 miles, most of which were toting a full tank, including some VERY rough whooped trails. We're the brackets still attached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues w/mine. I have 2500 miles, most of which were toting a full tank, including some VERY rough whooped trails. We're the brackets still attached?

Yes both brackets perfect I had over 10,000 miles on the tank never had an issue until I lost it not a good day

·
Registered
845 Posts
Your post caught my eye because I was looking at mine and was amazed that the little tab that slides under the linq bracket can keep the 25ish pounds attached through some pretty rough bouncing. Sorry for your "loss". I'd be pretty bummed too!

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
The little tab that slides under is very strong. My worry has always been the spring loaded mechanism. Seemed weak to me, which is why when I built my rack, instead of using 2 mechanisms, I made a tab to slide under the linq brackets. Much stronger and I've hauled 7.5 gallons of gas on the rack down a bumpy trail.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Contact the grooming ennty for that trail you lost it on . if they find it in the spring they can return it to you . Just a chance .......most likely that jug went a ways of the trail with all that weight and puffed under the powder .

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
yes I lost mine after hitting a big hole in a field on a trail. it broke the little latch on the right side that turns. it hit me in the back otherwise I probably wouldn't have known

·
Registered
654 Posts
Last year I was looking at buying the linq system for an xp I just bought. I did a lot of searching through reviews and seen that it's not common but it does happen more than it should. I ended up going with the powderkeg and have no regrets after 2000 miles.

Reactions: transamws.6

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I bought this bag specifically so I can carry my DSLR in there. My camera gear that I planned on bringing cost roughly what the sled did! If that Linq bag breaks free and I lose my gear I am gonna be slightly cross...

·
Registered
308 Posts
The plastic piece on the bottom of the jerry that slides under the linqs on the tunnel broke on mine. It was from ice build up after powder days. I was able to glue it back together with some lock tight. I only carry it on days I need it now. No problems with my bag so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts