Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going on a pack back trip in the U.P. next month and I was wondering if the fuel cell and the LinQ bag are to much for much for a 137" Renegade? The accessory catalog says its to heavy. Anyone have experience with this topic. The LinQ bag is the SR21, 5.5 gal. cap. Fuel caddy is the 4 gal. cap. Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
You shouldn’t need fuel with you in the UP unless your passing gas stations. You have gas stations within 80 miles usually, 100 at most. But that’s your call. You should be getting at least 12mpg remember.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, thanks for the response, I didn't think there would be an issue. FordFan17, yes you are correct, gas station's are plentiful in the U.P. I have never done the Western side of the U.P. but some of the guys I'm with have. Didn't seem to worry about the gas some of them always carry their fuel cells. I was going to borrow one for the trip. But sounds like it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How could the gas tank and fuel bag be too heavy? Where does it say that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct Shark Boy, but I'm borrowing the 4 gal fuel caddy, so I'm stuck with that. If I borrow my buddies 129 TNT then I will have to stack them. But with the Rene I'm just going to DOO it! Lol!! TTA89 if you check the 2020 catalog chart is does state that it is to heavy. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
buddies tore off this week as the rear clip didn't hold, first bump the lid came up and tore all the rivits out. the lid and tank went flying off and all his Sh_t went everywhere, needs a more secure clip to hold it closed. the first 500 miles was ok though.

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
You shouldn't need fuel with you in the UP unless your passing gas stations. You have gas stations within 80 miles usually, 100 at most. But that's your call. You should be getting at least 12mpg remember.
We always carry fuel in the U.P. Gas stations frequently run out of fuel or close early, especially when they are hammered with tons of sleds.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I fill my gas can to the brim and load up my LinQ bag. I have a 137" track. Zero issues ever.

I still don't pass up stations.

Don~

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have a gade and stack oil can on top of gas can closest fo seat and then have a link bag stuffed with stuff when doing back pack trips in the county Maine. Only thing i can say is i dont have issues other then it may give u a little more inside ski lift with added rear weight but other then that works fine. Only time ive had to use the gas is either for a riding buddys arctic cat once or if im at home and need gas for the snow blower haha, u know the 1 time i leave it home though, we will be out late riding and a store will be closed or outta gas and we will be needing it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts