Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am cruising down the trail going slow because the trails were kind of choppy and I could smell something electrical burning, slowed to almost a stop and couldn't smell it anymore.So I thought there was someone burning garbage in that area so I sped up and went a very short distance and the sled went into a limp mode and the engine light came on and stayed on.The sled stayed running but I shut it off and after a bit restarted it but the engine light came on right away and I couldn't drive it more than 25 mph.Got help and loaded the sled in my pick-up and went to the Ski-doo dealer. He took all the info to what happened and he went to the computer and typed in the serial number and informed me that a re-flash was needed for burn down on this 600 e-tec. So there is no question some wire or wires burn on the sled.A quick look by me on the trail and by the service tech at the shop, we couldn't see anything.But, why didn't BRP contact me for the re-flash ! Anyway,any thoughts on the burning electric smell or the re-flash The sled is a 2015 Renegade 600.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: the electrical burning smell was the stator frying. Dealer ordered another and have been waiting 4 days so far.Hope BRP has them in stock.plus the re-flash will also be performed while it's in the shop. A little bummed out,only has 1240 miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts