Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 09 600 etec with 9700 miles on it today and I got a Check Engine Light. It went into limp mode and wouldn't rev over 5500rpm. I rode it to a point were I could walk out of the bush and shut it off for 20 minutes and it went away. I rode about 50 miles and it came back on again the shut down only worked for a couple of miles this time. I was able to make it home.

I was riding groom trails at a fun speed, outside temp 32 f, inch of fresh snow on the trail, not overheating.

I went to the dealer to buy oil before heading out because I was down to a 1/4 tank. They stopped selling synthetic blend and recommended full synthetic. From new it has had synthetic blend and 91 octane gas in it.

Could the change oil cause this?

Or is just time for a rebuild?

Is there anyway of find out what is causing the limp without going the the dealer?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mine did the same thing and it was an injector. Is yours an early build 09, gray A arms? If so the injectors have been updated twice.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've had 600 SDI's do this to me a few times over the years when running long straight trails at a constant speed like 60 or so for miles. Blipping the throttle once in a while prevents this from happening.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer called back 3 codes saved in the ECU.

Oldest was a RAVE position fault

High Coolant Temp

Newest electrical fault coil.....

I'm writing off memory should written them down. I asked them to trace the electrical problem no more than an hour labour before the call me back. I'm thinking faulty coil?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine did the same thing and it was an injector. Is yours an early build 09, gray A arms? If so the injectors have been updated twice.
Late build I guess black A-arms. I'm second owner the guy before was in his fifties and had the dealer do everything. I have receipts to prove it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the codes now but no help to me. Still at the dealer they are going to look at today if they have a chance

P1477 @263hrs Rave Valve closed position

P0217 @355hrs High Coolant Temp

P1351 @407hrs Mag Ignition Short to System Voltage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts