Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found out the other day that i have broke my limiter strap on my 95 formula z 583. I was just wondering how bad it would be to ride with out it ? Would this give me alot of problems?

I looked at it this season and it was still in excellent shape, what on earth could of broke it ? i don't take big jumps, only small ones, but never landed hard.

Can anyone help me out on this?

THANX

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would just replace it, they are not that much $. replace now or pay more $ later....in other parts. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
ya thats what i had in mind, just for me to replace it. What would it do if i just go out for 2 days of riding ?

And another thing how would i have broke an excellent shape limiter strap anyway? i hit only small jumps and thats it.

THANX

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well 2 days of riding should be ok, but take it easy...but I would not recomend it, remember its there for a reason...as far as what made her crap out its hard to say strange things happen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea i just found out on my mxz 700 that mine r broke too, o well i am not goin to replace them yet. i know guys that take theres out or loosen them all the way. All they do u keep the front end from comin off the ground, i like doin wheelies and stuff so i dont mind it, i will replace them in the spring, its too cold right now to do it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On the models around '95, you'll need to change them every couple years or so. They wear on the outside from rubbing on the track and ice debris etc... It is cheap and easy to change, you can do it without taking out the susp. You run the risk of it over extending and binding on something with out it. Maybe even tear your track depending on conditions. If you need something just to get by for a weekend, make one out of rope or an old clothes belt.

·
Registered
269 Posts
limiter strap should be replaced asap... you could damage the track if you constantly lift the skis or jump over moguls etc. no garage?, park your truck next to the sled. put a shop vac hose over your tailpipe and stuff the other end in your sled suspension area where you want to work. 30 minutes of idling should melt enough snow out of the sled that you can make the swap. i have an old sleeping bag that i put on the ground for laydown repairs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
replace it asap I had a bad one on my 99 summit x and didn't change it thiking I could get one more week out of it. the 50 bucks I didn't spend that day cost me a skid and a track. the front caught the track tore it and bent the skid back under itself. spend the money and do it asap

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i think i'm going to replace it wed when i get my other parts in. i don't want to loose my track this year, in the spring i'm going to replace the track cuz it is worn out real bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts