Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my mxz 500 98 in the trails mostly btu a few small jumps....i got a set of 450 pound springs to go in her now but i dont know what to do with the limiter straps...the shock when fully extended doesent seem to be using the straps at all...when i hit a few yesmams or wahtever it rebouds hard adn u hear it bring up....just lookin for the right settin....thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
the doo manual will say to have a 1/2 inch side to side slack in the strap, with the sled on the ground. i drilled a new hole so that my limiter has no slack, but is not tightened to the point where it is compressing the suspension. if you want more ski(steering) pressure, tighten the strap. if you want less, loosen the strap.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
est142 said:
the doo manual will say to have a 1/2 inch side to side slack in the strap, with the sled on the ground. i drilled a new hole so that my limiter has no slack, but is not tightened to the point where it is compressing the suspension. if you want more ski(steering) pressure, tighten the strap. if you want less, loosen the strap.
[snapback]708458[/snapback]​
ok when mine is in the air the shock is fully extended and no tension on the straps at all....hows that?

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
You should have some tension on the straps - it may be hard to ride without pulling the track in a bit. Sit on the sled and have someone adjust them to take the excess out then readjust if needed after you ride it some.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dude...you are not listening. Put the sled on the ground and then measure/assess the slack in the limiter strap. I would set it as I recommended. Overtighten the strap and you will tighten up the steering, but lose suspension travel. Too loose on the strap, you will gain acceleration ski lift,lighter steering,suspension travel...but have overall less precise steering...especially on well packed trails. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts