Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered sn SLP brake rotor.. it really light ...1.6 lbs...but it wont fit my 05 550 fan cause my jackshaft is a diff size than the slp hub... anyhow,wont the xmodel brake rotor fit the 550 fan? does anyone know what that part # is?
thanks
scott

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure if it will fit your 550F, but the part number for the X model wave rotor is 507 032 395.

The standard brake rotor number for your sled is 507 032 402 and the standard for the 600 and 800 is 507 032 403. So this is a difference in the standard part number. It does not show the wave rotor as an option on the 550F and 600, however. Let us know if it works for you.

Steve

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Here is how to adapt the wave brake rotor to the smaller 550 jackshaft. I used
stainless steel to make an adaptor bushing and then red loctited it in the rotor.
The OD is the ID of the rotor and the ID is the OD of the shaft, the flange helps lock I
it in place and then mill the keyway. You may want to make a new key that is taller also. Dont even inquire about me making them as I would have to charge about a $100 a piece as it takes a good two hours of lathe and bridge port work to get it fitted correctly. Somebody with a CNC could whip them out in 5 minutes once the program was written.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts