Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any cheap tricks for fixing your headlights so they don't break at the mounts? What are options for replacements, anything that would plug right in to the stock plugs?

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
freekstylesnow said:
Anybody got any cheap tricks for fixing your headlights so they don't break at the mounts? What are options for replacements, anything that would plug right in to the stock plugs?
[snapback]685824[/snapback]​
I know of ONE guy who had a broken headlight issue, but that was after a wreck. I'm thinking for the most part this is a non-issue for everyone else...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
4 Revs 03,04,05,06. No broken lights. First I've heard of this???

·
Saco Pathfinders Snowmobile Club Chairman of the B
2,974 Posts
I stuffed my 03 sport into a hole under the snow and twisted the heck out of it headlight was one of the few things that didn't break.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it only happens to people who do alot of jumping. The guys I ride with and I do a lot of thrashing on are sleds, IE: no one has an uncracked nun and evreyone has bent tunnels, running boards, and arms. The lights always seam to bust right where the tabs go in to the little mettle posts which they mount on. I wasn't asking for a bunch of replies about how your headlights haven't busted (no offense, but alot of you guys seem to do most your riding on flat groomed trails which certainly wouldn't cause this problem) but rather was asking if anybody had made a brace of some sort and what aftermarket lights are available that would plug into the wire harness. Thanks, ACE

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
snowfreak said:
oh no another issue with BRP these skidoos are junk the light bulbs dont even hold up! just add it to the long long list.

[snapback]687051[/snapback]​
Yeh, F-ing Doos!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Breaking head lights are the least of your worries, what about blown engines, reeds, fuel gauges that are not accurate...I'm sorry, don't want to start another one of these posts,

seriously, I have not heard of this happening.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
ive had it happen on my old 03 440 racer. not much u can do about it other than buy a new headlight everytime it happens. they're big $$$ for sure. i never looked into reinforcing it in any way but it might be possible.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i do trail riding with my 05 550fan. I saw last winter that the headlight is cracked at the mount and kinda pushed inside a bit, barely any. It is still ok, i just keep an eye on it. But it dosen't seem to be getting any worse. And i do NOT hit any jumps.

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
Broke mine on my '03. Was dooing about 40 in a foot and a half of powder when I hit a log (farmer had a no hunting sign on it) right on the edge of a no maintenance road. I was face first in the snow before I knew what happened. I remember seeing the log bouncing through the snow right ahead of me. I figured the a-arms and the nun were toast, but the only damage I could find was the broken headlight mount. I used a bunje cord wrapped under the light to hold it in place. Rode it another year like that and traded it in.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i have a buddy who has "joined the 440 army"
and it seems the majority of RACED 440 revs have this problem with the headlight mounts breaking right where they mount (as you described freekstylesnow)

he ended up with an 06 that has something rigged up, i think it was a preventative thing somehow using zip ties???

anyway, this isnt a unique thing you are describing.

and it isnt an issue for those who ride trails and bang ditches... it seems limited to sno-x types.

-FFF

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Different, but I've had the aluminum post break, brought it to local welder and its been fine since. It was a little dab of weld on the pin that broke, and its welded much better now. Down side is I've added .0004 oz to the overall weight, lol. Don't know why they didn't tack that on better.

·
Registered
480 Posts
What the frigg is a "nun" i've been reading it for a while and i have know idea of what it is and it's buging me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
freekstylesnow said:
[snapback]685824[/snapback]​
Yeah - F-ing ski-doo's. Cheap lights.

This one broke after only 4 barrel rolls

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment

This one broke after 2 endo's

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Stupid doos!

I've heard you can put a screw through the bracket into the light. Give that a try if all that's broke is the tab.

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks Irondog it was really bugging me, it looks like it would be expensive.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
snowfreak said:
oh no another issue with BRP these skidoos are junk the light bulbs dont even hold up! just add it to the long long list.

[snapback]687051[/snapback]​
your long list, I am on my 4th REV and not a SINGLE problem... there were some items I was told were checked when I brought the sleds in for a checkup but no problems evident to me... but I am sure I am the only one...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Irondog said:
500man said:
What the frigg is a "nun" i've been reading it for a while and i have know idea of what it is and it's buging me.
[snapback]898218[/snapback]​
This is the NUN. And you better hope you never bend it.
[snapback]898235[/snapback]​
common irondog, u make it sound like a bad thing!! lol ive fixed one or two before, it's a little job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts