Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got an actual snow storm in central Ontario. The giant flakes and accumulation has the the traffic down so Youngbuck and I went out for a 1 tank road ride around the township. Wet sloppy conditions but we'll take what we can get this season. So around 10 tonight we're runnin along a concession road just north of home, not too fast due to visibility, and the sky and surroundings light up as clear as day...startled both of us enuff to stop
! In 35 years I have never ridden in a thunder storm!! It was a bit spooky
Youngbuck runs up to me and asks...*%@? Once in a lifetime riding experience? No... we get two more brilliant flashes on the trip home and the thunder could be heard in the helmet even with Skynard pumpin thru the Communicator. We get back here and my son tells me thats the coolest thing he's seen since we watched the (Halle Bop) comet while stopped on the lake. He was 3 at that time and hasn't forgotten it. Ya just can't beat this sport, or should I say, way of life!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Only saw it once, in southern alberta (lethbridge to be exact). It was a huge blizzard which is pretty uncommon for the area, i was sitting there in school looking out the window (you know, the usual
) then i saw a flash. I was thinking *%@? lightning in a blizzard, must be my mind... Then another flash, this time i got a good look and knew it was for real.

If you want to see some good lightning go to there one day, back when i lived there it was just crazy the ammount of thunderstorms they got in the summer!

Crazy stuff...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.