Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have pictures of their 3 place inline trailers loaded?

I used to be a firm believer in deck overs but these 7' wide in-lines are slowly starting to grow on me. Considering a 7'x23' (Including 5' V) and would like to see what kind of space there is left once three sleds are loaded in it (preferably 137" Sleds). There doesn't seem to be any good pictures that show them loaded on google. So if anyone has pictures of their three place loaded with three 137" sleds that they would be willing to share would be great!!

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
you will have alot of room next to the sleds because of the staggered pattern. Next to the first sled and in front of the second will be a large unused area. A deckover uses space better because of sleds sitting side by side.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
If you look at the diagrams in the other thread of sleds loaded in trailers, you can see the empty floor space.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at the diagrams in the other thread of sleds loaded in trailers, you can see the empty floor space.
Thanks sleddingisfun!

I found the diagrams but would be nice to see some pictures of actual trailer loaded to see how close the sleds are together and how much room is left at the rear of the trailer and in the V.

My plan is to get a 7x23 to haul three renegades most of the time but sometimes only two renegades. Just don't want to drop the cash for the trailer and find out the first time I load it that it's a little tighter than I would like.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Ya I get that. I like to see pics to. Helps me get a better perspective.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
This might give you a little idea of space next to sled till someone posts a better pic. Its my renegade in my 7ft trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
As sleddingisfun said. You will have plenty of unused floor space due the stagger of the machines.

What extras are you planning on bringing with you.

In the 7' x 18' with a 5' V (23') I could put three Renegades (137") and an Adrenaline (121"). Four sleds, and still have floor space for ALL my gear. Tool box--jack--coolers--boots--boot dryer plus my buddies stuff.

I also installed aluminum shelving as well as a wall mounted spare tire carrier.

YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF FLOOR SPACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
[quote name="Go Fast or Go Home" post="15467161" timestamp="1455162453"]

As sleddingisfun said. You will have plenty of unused floor space due the stagger of the machines.

In the 7' x 18' with a 5' V (23') I could put three Renegades (137") and an Adrenaline (121"). Four sleds, and still have floor space for ALL my gear. Tool box--jack--coolers--boots--boot dryer plus my buddies stuff.

I also installed aluminum shelving as well as a wall mounted spare tire carrier.

YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF FLOOR SPACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

How do you load up to do this. I have the same size trailer and have had 2 137" and my 129" in it and would like to be able to add my 120 as a back up if needed.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I put 2 137's and 2 120's in my 7x22 this weekend. Not sure if I could get 3 137's and a 120. When I load them back up tomorrow, I'll take a few measurements.

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
You guys don't have a problem towing them rear facing? Loaded ours up rear facing lat Sun and didn't have enough tongue weight, trailer swayed, had to stop at a gas station and reload them front facing. 7 x 22 Neo. This was with a 129" Blizzard and 137 Ren.

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
I am not normal, but I load my 3 gades into a R&R 7x18+5'V, with front and rear sleds facing backwards, and center sled facing forward. Why? Only because it's most convenient for me to get in and out of the man door between trips and during the off season, and easiest/most roomy for me to work on any of the 3 sleds while they are loaded in the trailer.

And our primary riding location is a home with tight parking...therefore drive-thru trailer usually not an option. So depending on whether I park my rig nose-first or tail first into our small parking slot, some sleds we back in and out of the ramp, some we drive in and out, and sometimes we load/unload exclusively with front door, sometimes with rear door, etc. It's all reasonably easy. One of the many reasons I never messed with guides on the trailer floor...our loading pattern is different every time.

I've messed with other configs and found it doesn't really matter...there is always something more convenient and something less convenient no matter what pattern we try. The cool part IMO is these trailers are so flexible and they give you roominess and options.

Never noticed any substantial tongue weight difference whether any or all were forward or backwards. But then again I run weight distribution hitch. And tongue weight on these trailers is drastically impacted by how level your trailer rides when hooked & loaded. Especially noticeable with torsion axle setups. Tongue down? You'll have light tongue weight. Tongue up? You'll have heavy tongue weight. Light tongue weight on these trailers often caused by having a hitch that's too low and nose of trailer riding a bit too low. This can also cause front trailer tire blowouts from tire overloading if it's carrying a near capacity load...more an issue with RV's than snowmobile trailers, cuz RV's load their axles to capacity and most tandem snowmobile trailers are nowhere near their capacity and have some cushion for error.

russ7r, your comment is interesting...but my first reaction is that's a huge trailer for only 2 sleds. So I speculate you probably had both sleds simply loaded too far back. Why did you go through the effort to fully turn them around? Didn't you have plenty of room to simply move them both forward a foot or two, to get your tongue weight rebalanced? Absolutely when only hauling 2 sleds in a 3 place in-line, positioning will cause them to have more impact on tongue weight. But with 3 sleds fairly evenly spaced you always have one sled 90% of its weight behind the axles, one with 90% in front of the axles, and one over the axles. So turning them around forward or backwards doesn't really matter much and might vary tongue weight by 100 pounds or so. But with only 2 sleds? I can only speculate you had them both simply too far back. I would fully expect if I were to unload my front sled only and try to tow the other two somewhere my tongue weight would be WAY too light and I think a dangerous tow...but I wouldn't even try that so I guess I don't know how it would feel. Indeed having adequate tongue weight is critical for safe towing.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You guys don't have a problem towing them rear facing? Loaded ours up rear facing lat Sun and didn't have enough tongue weight, trailer swayed, had to stop at a gas station and reload them front facing. 7 x 22 Neo. This was with a 129" Blizzard and 137 Ren.
I always try to load from the front. When I load 3 in my 3-place 7x22 (including V), I have not had any issues.

When I load only 2 sleds, it makes a difference if they are too far towards the back of the trailer. Last time I hauled 2, seemed like a lot of swaying, pulled over and moved the sleds towards the front more and the swaying was gone.

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
A couple things, I might have been able to pull them towards the front a few feet, had the Ren loaded in first which put it almost to the back door, most weight way off the rear axle, and the blizzard second which put the engine right ontop of the front axle. I could prob slide them back a few feet but was thinking that would not have been enough. Secondly it was windy out so that just compounded the mess and fig it was a 5 min deal to just ride off and right back on, needed to fill up the truck.

Its not like it was swerving all over the place, you could just easily tell it wasnt the same, hitch height is about right, going to get one of the nice alum adjustable height hitches as my utility trailer sits a bit lower and could use a bigger drop, right now my hitch is a 3 1/4" drop. Tow vehicle is a 13' F150 FX4 CrewCab, 20" factory Pirelli tires (BTW they suck in snow/ice).

Yes that trailer is a bit big for just two, with it only 7' wide (really like 6'6" inside), it is just nice to pull them in nose to tail...I also was planning on keeping my other two sleds but traded them in after thinking why keep them and pay maint....for someone else to ride/beat...but than again after seeing them again on CL over the weekend I regret trading them, they were in perfect condition. I also want to store my 4 wheelers in there once and a while along with the sleds...lastly it was the only Neo I could find that the dealer wasn't trying to empty my checking account to purchase.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
had the Ren loaded in first which put it almost to the back door, most weight way off the rear axle, and the blizzard second which put the engine right ontop of the front axle.
Yes...I can easily see how that type of loading would cause too light tongue weight without a 3rd sled in the nose...I'm not surprised at all you could feel the difference.

No harm done, just chalk it up to lesson learned for future hauls. Just park 'em forward facing, or don't pull them so far to the back of the trailer. But yes when hauling only 2 sleds in a trailer of this size, you'll need to pay more attention to positioning for tongue weight purposes than others who load them more conventionally and near their capacity.

·
Registered
100 Posts

YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF FLOOR SPACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts