Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
the 1000 is cooled, the 800 is now so that leaves the 600 which will probably be case cooled when they retool it and make it a case reed motor in 08!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
i know my dad wanted to buy a new sled next year, when he saw that in 2008 all the 800 REVs will be faster than him i htknk he decided to keep his 03 wich my 06 SDI is half a sled length behind. Then again he'll probably go to the biggest badest of them all...need i say more?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not according to the press release

Two New Powerplants...

Available in the Summit X, X-RS, and Adrenaline models is Ski-Doo's all new 2-TEC 800R PowerT.E.K. engine. The new 800R has a liquid cooled crankcase, a monoblock cylinder design offering larger intake, transfer, and exhaust ports, and the new 3-D R.A.V.E. exhaust valves offering better performance and fuel economy. This carbureted two-stroke engine generates over 150 HP and exceeds US EPA standards. The 800R PowerT.E.K engine raises the bar for the 800 and 900 class sleds.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
tjb said:
Not according to the press release

Two New Powerplants...

Available in the Summit X, X-RS, and Adrenaline models is Ski-Doo's all new 2-TEC 800R PowerT.E.K. engine. The new 800R has a liquid cooled crankcase, a monoblock cylinder design offering larger intake, transfer, and exhaust ports, and the new 3-D R.A.V.E. exhaust valves offering better performance and fuel economy. This carbureted two-stroke engine generates over 150 HP and exceeds US EPA standards. The 800R PowerT.E.K engine raises the bar for the 800 and 900 class sleds.

[snapback]746720[/snapback]​
Think that is suppose to read... Available in Summit models; X, X-RS, and Adrenaline.

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
That's how I interpret what was written....the new 800R is only available in the Summits, not the MXZ's.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yup summits only. SUCKS!!! the specs are on doos site. MXZ X-RS is gonna be a killer when they dump the 800r in it. It will be my next sled!

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
I'm hopeful the new 800R will once again establish ROTAX as the HP & DURABILITY leader. It sure looks good on paper.

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
Skidoo has clamed big power gains since the ho in 2003 and it hasn't happened yet . Do you thinh were getting the trouth this time , is it a boat ancer like the 1000! lets weight and see.

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is no way I'm buying a sled with a choke on it!! This is going to be the 2007 model year and its about time they get rid of carb sleds. *%@ are they thinking with that powertech BS? Give us fuel injection and stick your chokes up your butt BRP!!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
They must be gun-shy, so they figure they'll let the mountain guys kill the 800R's, and then they'll figure out why they blew up. Then put the updated motor in the MXZ.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Now you know what they're limited build for 07 is going to be. Gotta improve on the reliability no matter what else they "improve" on. Oh yeah, a 3 year warranty on the motors would be nice as well.

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
jds800Rev said:
There is no way I'm buying a sled with a choke on it!! This is going to be the 2007 model year and its about time they get rid of carb sleds. *%@ are they thinking with that powertech BS? Give us fuel injection and stick your chokes up your butt BRP!!

[snapback]746923[/snapback]​
Hey there Sunshine, the mountain guys like carbs, and Doo delivered. I'd bet that is an SDI when us flatlanders get it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
ho hum , santa has left his gifts and gone. i was anticipating a new 07 800 x gade but i feel a little lost. if i get the x i cant put the 1 + 1 on it , and i dont get a luggage rack . if i buy the basic gade i get my seat and a luggage rack and none of the nice goodies . so on monday i go to my dealer and start the number crunching to see just what will be will be. i must be honest the long track for flat landers left me a little discouraged . BRP put alot of neat stuff and thought into the short tracks , do i go that way hmmm . do i wait for 08 and see if brp puts some more options into the gade , the short tracks and the summits were well taken care of this coming year. oh my nerves i think my head is going to explode , i mean really i have 30 miles on this year my sled is nearly wore out ( insert sarcastic humour ) well who know s, time will tell. my rant , i have to let it out hear because the wife definitely does not want to hear it . she says i will change my mind a dozen times a day before i make my finall decision . how about one of those new cats , oh my god i think i have gone insane .
just having a little fun.

·
Registered
576 Posts
A7M266D said:
Im willing to bet the reason the 800r is mountain only is because the motor makes decent power in a lighter chassis it will probably walk on a mach z 1000 and they can't have the flatland guys having the 800 beat the Z.
[snapback]747083[/snapback]​
Put your crack pipe down. The Mach Z is not that much heavier...170HP vs 150 HP, doo the math HP per pound its simple

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
jds800Rev said:

[snapback]746923[/snapback]​
Haha you have been spoiled by doo!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts